Found some Rarebits!

May 24, 2015
Found out on Instagram that Cardvolution has some Rarebit Copper Edition decks in stock. Just ordered 3 more decks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 6, 2014
I have never bought anything from the cardvolution site, but I was just browsing there and saw at the bottom of the page it states: "All Prices are in Singapore Dollars." So I just checked what $18.90 SGD would equal in USD and it comes out to $14.05 USD. So it sounds like you still got a good deal :)

Reactions: ChristopherR2

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
Funny you mentioned Singapore, I didn't know that Cardvolution was a Singaporean site.

Now I'm confident that the site is legitimate but the fact that it is one of the Asian based companies raises some possible "red flags". While I'm sure most of these resale companies (like Cardvolution) mean no harm they could unwittingly be selling knockoffs that they acquired through whatever means.

Any cards from countries like Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, and definitely China (including Hong Kong) could be knockoffs. I traveled to one of these countries before and saw some real USPCC printed decks and a few knockoffs scattered around bookstores and magic shops alike. The only reason for this "red flag" stems from the distance (and postage) needed to ship legitimate decks all the way from America to Asian countries. Therefore, most legitimate decks should be very pricey (to defray the original shipping costs). Any "steal" prices almost guarantees that the item could be a fake.

There was a video that showed this in detail by YouTube user Magic Desu.
Here's his video of the various real and fake decks he found in various Asian countries (he lives in Singapore).

The safest bet is to stick with US, European,or Japanese re-sellers as there is a lesser chance you're getting ripped off.

May 24, 2015
I have never bought anything from the cardvolution site, but I was just browsing there and saw at the bottom of the page it states: "All Prices are in Singapore Dollars." So I just checked what $18.90 SGD would equal in USD and it comes out to $14.05 USD. So it sounds like you still got a good deal :)

I'm still waiting for this shipment to come in. However I did get my Rarebits from Art of Play today.

May 24, 2015
Funny you mentioned Singapore, I didn't know that Cardvolution was a Singaporean site.

Now I'm confident that the site is legitimate but the fact that it is one of the Asian based companies raises some possible "red flags". While I'm sure most of these resale companies (like Cardvolution) mean no harm they could unwittingly be selling knockoffs that they acquired through whatever means.

Any cards from countries like Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, and definitely China (including Hong Kong) could be knockoffs. I traveled to one of these countries before and saw some real USPCC printed decks and a few knockoffs scattered around bookstores and magic shops alike. The only reason for this "red flag" stems from the distance (and postage) needed to ship legitimate decks all the way from America to Asian countries. Therefore, most legitimate decks should be very pricey (to defray the original shipping costs). Any "steal" prices almost guarantees that the item could be a fake.

There was a video that showed this in detail by YouTube user Magic Desu.
Here's his video of the various real and fake decks he found in various Asian countries (he lives in Singapore).

The safest bet is to stick with US, European,or Japanese re-sellers as there is a lesser chance you're getting ripped off.

WOW! HUGE learning lesson. Thanks, for sharing. Only reason why I felt comfortable ordering off of Cardvolution is because they are all over Instagram. I've been following their posts for a few weeks now and they seemed legit. I'm definitely going to be more critical about where I purchase my decks now after watching that video.

This is one of the main reasons why I don't buy off of eBay either. From this point forward I think I'm just going to stay with Theory 11 and Art of Play.

Does anyone else know of any legit dealers online to purchase decks from?

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
This is one of the main reasons why I don't buy off of eBay either.
Don't be scared of eBay. Just stick to these rules: (it's worked for me very well)
1) No purchasing from "red flag countries" (listed in previous post)
2) Preferably purchase from US sellers
3) Don't shy away from "steals" if from a US seller (with good rating), especially if it is a BID auction. Some auctions go low because most people just watch, or try to snipe at the last second.
4) Older users (around ten years) and companies are almost always trustworthy.
5) If the seller has at least 100 ratings and their rating is above 95% I'll consider the auction.

*Side note* some people prefer to sell off Paypal as they take a smaller cut. It is perfectly safe to buy on Paypal as long as you pay as "goods and services" not "send money". If the transaction is carried out as payment for goods or services you receive buyer protection should it be unsatisfactory.

Also, trust your gut feeling. It can be very helpful.

Most of my older decks (White Gold V1s, Rebels, and Virts SS 14) were acquired through one of the means listed above and I haven't been let down.

Reactions: ChristopherR2
May 24, 2015
I'm guessing you have quite a bit of rarebits. (haha see what I did there... ok that wasn't that funny) It's so punny! :p
How many do you have?
Here's my stash:
CIaNmXkVAAAY58c.jpg

Totally missed your question. At this moment I have 7 Rarebit decks and 3 more on the way from Cardvolution.

May 24, 2015
Don't be scared of eBay. Just stick to these rules: (it's worked for me very well)
1) No purchasing from "red flag countries" (listed in previous post)
2) Preferably purchase from US sellers
3) Don't shy away from "steals" if from a US seller (with good rating), especially if it is a BID auction. Some auctions go low because most people just watch, or try to snipe at the last second.
4) Older users (around ten years) and companies are almost always trustworthy.
5) If the seller has at least 100 ratings and their rating is above 95% I'll consider the auction.

*Side note* some people prefer to sell off Paypal as they take a smaller cut. It is perfectly safe to buy on Paypal as long as you pay as "goods and services" not "send money". If the transaction is carried out as payment for goods or services you receive buyer protection should it be unsatisfactory.

Also, trust your gut feeling. It can be very helpful.

Most of my older decks (White Gold V1s, Rebels, and Virts SS 14) were acquired through one of the means listed above and I haven't been let down.

Thanks for the tips! This will help me at least consider looking at eBay as another option to purchase decks.

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
WOW! HUGE learning lesson. Thanks, for sharing. Only reason why I felt comfortable ordering off of Cardvolution is because they are all over Instagram. I've been following their posts for a few weeks now and they seemed legit. I'm definitely going to be more critical about where I purchase my decks now after watching that video.

This is one of the main reasons why I don't buy off of eBay either. From this point forward I think I'm just going to stay with Theory 11 and Art of Play.

Does anyone else know of any legit dealers online to purchase decks from?
Don't forget about Ellusionist. Not a lot of people recommend them around here, but they have been stepping up their game recently now that the Madison series has ended. The new 52 Proof cards have art deco court cards which I'm in love with, and the Absinthe deck is really unique. Both are great decks for cardistry!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I swear by Ebay.

From what I have noticed--especially with Magic stuff from a recent transaction. Its a buyers market during the summer. You can easily snag some INCREDIBLE deals because a lot of people are away on vacation or away from the house and won't be able to sit at a computer and edge out your bids. I just watched some Brown Wynns auctions go for $30 bucks each. They normally go for a lot more than that.

I ALWAYS go through Paypal. Lots more secure, and if something goes awry, you want a good site that has your back. Paypal does just that.

I've only had a couple transaction go bad, and that was 7 years ago (during my Yugioh & Magic: The Gathering days *cough* NERD! *cough*). Paypal had my back and I haven't had a problem since--especially when I stopped being a competitive nerd.

May 24, 2015
Don't forget about Ellusionist. Not a lot of people recommend them around here, but they have been stepping up their game recently now that the Madison series has ended. The new 52 Proof cards have art deco court cards which I'm in love with, and the Absinthe deck is really unique. Both are great decks for cardistry!

It's been easy for me to forget about Ellusionist because they are more geared to magic and not as much toward cardistry. But I'll definitely check out those decks you recommended. Thanks!

May 24, 2015
I swear by Ebay.

From what I have noticed--especially with Magic stuff from a recent transaction. Its a buyers market during the summer. You can easily snag some INCREDIBLE deals because a lot of people are away on vacation or away from the house and won't be able to sit at a computer and edge out your bids. I just watched some Brown Wynns auctions go for $30 bucks each. They normally go for a lot more than that.

I ALWAYS go through Paypal. Lots more secure, and if something goes awry, you want a good site that has your back. Paypal does just that.

I've only had a couple transaction go bad, and that was 7 years ago (during my Yugioh & Magic: The Gathering days *cough* NERD! *cough*). Paypal had my back and I haven't had a problem since--especially when I stopped being a competitive nerd.

Thanks for the vote of confidence for eBay! That really helps out alot.

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
It's been easy for me to forget about Ellusionist because they are more geared to magic and not as much toward cardistry. But I'll definitely check out those decks you recommended. Thanks!
I personally don't really care for Ellusionist decks, but I agree they've stepped their game up. Ellusionist cards have semi boring tucks but they've tried out some foil designs so that's nice, but the paper quality of the tucks still are kinda lame. There's nothing except the paper that feels really dry, and the glossy tucks (like standard bikes). As for back designs they've had some decent ones but I think theory11's Contraband deck kinda puts all Ellusionist decks to shame. If I were to buy decks from Ellusionist it would probably be a Madison deck since I like the marked card aspect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results