Good Marking system

Oct 7, 2018
Hi,
Am I just starting Magic (15 years old) and I am looking for a deck with a marking system. I saw on Kickstarter a new deck that is really affordable for me. Because most marked decks are quite expensive. The deck called Paisley Playing Cards, they explain the marking system also on their website and it seems easy, but I really like to know if such a marking system is easy to use. If you have any experience please give me your thoughts. Thanks!

Oct 7, 2018
Hi mate,
There are a variety of marked decks on the market. When it comes to marked decks they are either readers, meaning that you can literally see the suit and the value of a card on the back. or they are marked, meaning that there is a marking system in place that you need to learn in order to read the cards. For magic tricks, the former is preferred. There are plenty of them out there, some of personal favourites are the maiden back bicycles from penguin magic. It's great and since it's a sort of bicycle deck no ones suspects anything. DMC Rouge deck is also a good one. The vintage bicycle deck from ellusionist is also good.
When it comes to marking systems, the madison dealers are among my all time favourite playing cards, both in terms of design and the marking system. Another thing you can do, which is something i really recommend since not only it saves you money, it is very practical, is to mark your own decks (bicycles are specially easy to mark). You just need a blue/red pen and and there are loads of marking systems available out there.
I will most likely be posting a video at some point in my channel teaching how marked my decks since I use marked decks a lot. So check my channel out () it's new and I could use your help and support to develop and grow it further.
Keep up the good work and take care ;)

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
As Avendsin said, Maiden Backs look great.

Penguin Magic sells there own version which are quite good:
www.penguinmagic.com/p/8474

The best one I've seen is a bit expensive. It is called the Ultimate Marked deck and literally has the number and suite printed on the back, but it is invisible unless you know what to look for. They look exactly like rider backs:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1470

Ellusionist also sells the 1800s marked decks, which look like beat up and weathered rider backs. They also have the markings written on them:
https://www.ellusionist.com/marked-vintage-1800-playing-cards-red.htm

As for custom decks, some of Blaine's are great (can't remember off the top of my head which ones are marked), the MINTs are great, some of Daniel Madison's decks are fairly good (though I personally don't like the marking system they have all the time).

I personally like just making my own marking system. Cheap, easy to use, and you'll know exactly what to do. Look at a deck, figure out a way you can easily rule out some cards, and use that as your system (for example, you may have one of 4 dots shaded in to indicate the suit, another one of 3 dots shaded in to indicate whether it is A-5, 6-10, or J-K, and then another one of 5 dots shaded in to indicate the number) @Magic Orthodoxy has a great video on marking cards here:

Oct 23, 2016
Singapore
You can check out Butterfly Deck by Ondrej Psenicka. I think they are wonderful! I'm currently using the Ellusionist 1800, they are beautiful!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results