Good Routines from J.B. Bobo Coin Magic

Sep 1, 2007
I got J.B. Bobo's New Modern Coin Magic and was wondering (to those who own it) what are some of the best non-gimmicked routines to perform standing, preferably without sleeves.

Yes, that's oddly specific, but I guess I'm too lazy to go through myself and narrow it down. Besides, I just bought it for the basics...

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I got J.B. Bobo's New Modern Coin Magic and was wondering (to those who own it) what are some of the best non-gimmicked routines to perform standing, preferably without sleeves.

Yes, that's oddly specific, but I guess I'm too lazy to go through myself and narrow it down. Besides, I just bought it for the basics...

Wow, that sums up exactly what is wrong with so many magicians mentalities.

It is also why I will not give you any answer to your question except, every routine in the book that is not gimmicked, now start reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Wow, that sums up exactly what is wrong with so many magicians mentalities.

It is also why I will not give you any answer to your question except, every routine in the book that is not gimmicked, not start reading.

Hah. I guess you're right. I did pay fifty bucks for the damn thing, after all...

J

Jake Samways

every routine in the book that is not gimmicked.

Wait one minute.
There are whole sections just on Folding Coins, Coin Hook's etc;
Hah. I guess you're right. I did pay fifty bucks for the damn thing, after all...

$50! Woah dude, I paid $10 on Amazon.com brand spanking new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
That's I lie.
There are whole sections just on Folding Coins, Coin Hook's etc;

$50! Woah dude, I paid $10 on Amazon.com brand spanking new.

Cheers!

YEs, I know there are sections on gimmicked coins. I believe you mis-read my sentence. I said that "every routine in the book that is not gimmicked,"
Not "every routine in the book is not gimmicked,"

It was to answere the question as to which un gimmicked routies were the best, and I was saying ALL of the ungimmicked routines, to imply he should just read the whole book :D

Feb 14, 2008
New Engalnd
wow, i bought the complete course of magic for 50$ hard cover i bought bobo's for like 7$ i have it although i don't do coin magic looking through it they have a killer coin to pocket and a dissolve through fist routine. Look through the index for that. It's killer i've done them before.

Jan 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
hey the JB Bobo's book which is $50 is the up to date version, as i think it gives credit to Dai Vernon for most of the coin stuff as in the older version it doesnt give credit to Dai Vernon

May 4, 2008
The whole book has great tricks in it, combine tricks make a routine and add your personality to it and you'll have a winner. You have to put in the time.
Good Luck Have Fun
Tim

Just pretend is indeed very good and I am rehearsing a version right now. Gadabout was the first one I learned and it's also a very nice little routine.

Oh gosh, that's my first post here. Well...hi then I guess :)

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I just learned my first trick from this book today, and it's called "Winged Silver", and is a really simple Coins Across. Yes, I've had it for almost a year, and this is the first time I've learned a trick from it. But hopefully I'll start learning some more coin stuff.

May 26, 2008
There is a good copper/silver routine in the Bobo book, but to do the last part of the routine you have to sleeve the two coins. But you can do only the first two parts, which are...
Show a copper coin in one hand and a silver coin in the other, and they switch places. Then the copper coin joins the silver coin.
Gadabout coins is also a great routine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results