Green Cards, Green Grass

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I thought it was okay, not bad, pretty good. But I hate disco, so I hated the music.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try and use different music next time. Might try some slower cuts next time so look out for it.

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
I was gonna email you but I decided to just post it here. Aside from the actual cardistry, there are a couple things bigger things I want to point out.

The first is that you are filming next to a window, which is fine(in this case I would have used a different background though, as the one you used was a bit cluttered), but in this case its blown out and takes up a fairly large portion of the frame. For some this is an eyesore, but the fact there there is a big white glowing window distracts and takes attention away from the emphasis, the cardistry.

Second, the lighting. The window is a big source of light and since you were slightly facing away from it, the window slightly backlighted you, causing the right side of your body to become extremely dark which doesnt look very good. Now in some cases this can be used to create a nice lighting effect, but I doubt it was your intention to do so in this case. While I do appreciate you changing the angles a few times, when you did the change in lighting was very drastic and didn't make the footage look consistent.

The video also looks bland and the picture is flat. Its because of contrast, saturation, brightness, and a few other factors. Don't worry about making the video look professional as it is your first video though. I would get try and get the most experience in terms of shooting the footage like lighting, angles, etc before worrying about post production too much.

There are ALOT of small things in any video that can use changing that are rarely mentioned because there are just too many for a short forum post(I actually wrote a 7 page paper for fun about a video that my school put out), but if you want some more help I would be glad to give you a rundown of anything from lighting to post production.

EDIT: Also, Im sorry if this post doesnt make too much sense, I wrote part of it, then went out for an hour and came back and wrote the rest, so I didnt exactly have the same train of thought. Some areas might overlap or jump around.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
No it makes plenty of sense Andrew. I noticed quite a few of those things but I didn't have any idea on how to fix them.

If you have the time and could write about some of those small things, that would great.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results