Hard Place For Magic

For my experience and where I live..It's hard doing magic..
I live in South,Los Angeles.
You probably heard Music from Ice cube and all the rappers.
From what I experience,Magic is rarely here and It's so hard to do it that
alot of people especially gangsters, Pressure you in gangs and stuff.
You probably Think that South Central Is not that dangerous and stuff, but trust me from experience,It is.I think Many people including magicians have this problem also.

Sep 2, 2007
First of all don't blame other because you can't do street magic. Don't blame the "Gangsters" for pressuring you because you don't have to do magic for "Gangsters". Anyway I don't do magic for strangers on the street to much but don't do magic for people who aren't interested. My advice would be to learn flourishing sit down in a public place without to many "Gangsters" and start flourishing if some people look over your way or compliment you, then talk to them then ask,"would you like to see some magic". Maybe I'm wrong though maybe everyone in South Los Angelos is a "Gangster"

yeah moving is an option. I know I sound overly optimistic here, but magic can change perceptions of people and bring them closer.

This is not to say you should bring gangs together for a magic show, no.. but people when genuinely astonished and not thinking you are scamming them, they tend to open up.

Besides that, street magic is not the only option. Try get restaurant gigs or jazz bars or something..

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
There are many places like this. It's a sad and ugly truth.

But I'm confused about your dilemma. Are you scared to do magic around the streets? Are you scared to do magic in front of your "friends"? Or are you having a hard time finding a scene?

Be aware that the streets are not the only venue you can perform magic in. IN fact it's quite that opposite. Take your magic to your family, and their friends. If you think you want to really try and work this thing, and if you're ready, then advertise. Start getting your name out in your area, and offer your services at parties and social gatherings.

If your scared to do magic around your friends, don't. No-one is forcing you to, and if they don't appreciate what you do (granted you're not a terrible performer) then they are not worth your time.

If the problem is a scarcity of a local scene, well you've already begun to solve that problem. The internet has helped magic in more ways than the efficient transfer of knowledge. Welcome to your new local scene.

Ty

If magic is really important to you, you''ll find a way to get around this instead of asking other people to think of options for you, and then telling them their ideas are crap (not saying that's what you're doing, but it's getting there). Best thing I think you could do is, if you have a bike, ride it to somewhere safe and respectable, and do magic there. If you have a true passion for magic, riding your bike miles away to perform will be nothing. I've done it, and it's so worth it. I live in a small town where there are barely ANY people to perform strolling magic for. You basically have to hook up a publicised stage show for people to come and see you. I ride my bike 10 miles every single weekend to a more populated crowd just to perform for maybe an hour or two. If you truly love magic, you'll find a way bro. I hope I helped at least a little, and I really hope things get better for you bro.

Peace and love.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results