Help with reversing the bottom card...

Sep 20, 2008
Israel
Hi there,
I would like to ask for any good tips, or to know in which movie there is a good tutorial for this basic move of reversing the bottom card.
I mean, I can do it, decently, and all it takes is misdirection basically, but I am sure there is so much more that I could use to help me with this move.

Basically I don't know exactly what I am asking for, but you might know what I mean and can help me! d=

Feb 28, 2008
It's basically a half-pass with one card. Whenever I perform the move I like to angle my body to the side so that the top hand can add some extra coverage for the move.

I'm not sure what videos or books can help you on this. The mechanics aren't difficult. Just work on the angles. The only video I can think of that might give you some help is Brian Tudor's Inversion sommersault.

Nov 29, 2008
You can do a braue reversal, taught in Crash Course by ellusionist, and several other sources, or you can do a secret cardini change to get the card there. IF the half pass isn't working for you.

Aug 18, 2008
Spread the cards on sloppily in a mini s shape, get a break under the bottom card, as you square them, reverse the bottom card, it will be completely invisible. Try it, you'll like it.

Aug 18, 2008
Another way, turn the deck face up, do a double lift so two cards are reversed. Take one card away as you turn the deck over, hiding the other reversed card. Done.

Jan 1, 2010
I have to agree with Rmana and Cedwards90.
Another idea is why not start with it already reversed and do OH shuffle keeping it on the bottom?

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
the secret cardini/ego change is what i use the most. during an offbeat, as soon as you make eye contact, just do the move. also, like someone said above, its pretty easy to get a break over the bottom card as you spread the deck from hand to hand, and flip that card as you square it up. There is the mechanical reverse taught in Card Classics of Ken Krenzel, theres the half pass, braue reversal.... just do some simple research into the basics of card magic and you find a way that works for you.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
there's a bunch of moves in the Encyclopedia of card sleights by daryl.

There's one move i use but i not quite sure the name of it, i think its the larreverse. Your reversing a card while cutting the deck.

Aug 23, 2009
i do a pinky pulldown on the bottom card, insert your finger about a half an inch pull down even farther then i treat it like a half pass with one card

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results