Hit the Road with Paul Wilson and Lee Asher

Hi, this is my first post on T11. I'm from the Penguin forums and I thought I'd make myself useful and post a review. It's already posted on Pengin, but I thought I'd post here because there are 4 T11 artists in this DVD.

Here it is:

- Hit the Road with Paul Wilson and Lee Asher

Quality: Very good quality. 10/10

Price: For the gems which is included in it, it's worth it 10/10

Rating: This is the first time I had to give a rating on a magic DVD because this is the first one I have with Nudity, language and some talk of private parts of the body. I'd give it a PG-13 rating. One scene might be Rated R, but they give you a warning before they show it.

Ok first off, this is the most entertaining DVD I've ever gotten. It's hilarious and has you hooked all the way through. I didn't want it to end. Most of the time magic DVD's bore me. I just want to get over with it and get the information. This was amazing. So much more than tricks.

Tricks-

Mish Mash Matrix: Dean Dill's Matrix which is the best thing on the DVD for me. It's an impromptu bare handed matrix which is clever. You get to see Dean's magic shop I think, and I believer Paul Wilson gets a haircut. I've never seen Dean before so it was cool. he has a long beard.
10/10

Lucky Seven: The Spectator cuts to a place in the deck and counts off cards. They stop wherever they want. It's a completely normal pack. At the end the card they stopped at, there is a mini-card of the same playing card in the magicians wallet. It's pretty good. You have to memorize some stuff. It looks really clean becausse the spectator does everything. Flips their card and picks their own card. Also it's a completely normal wallet. It's by Regal.8/10

Resistance is Fuedal: It's cool. You change any four of a kind to any four of a kind with just a wave over the cards. Lee Asher explains this in Alcatraz. It's a nice method, but I have better 4 of a kind changes. 7/10

Uprising: An improptu rising card selection and at the end you take the selection, lets say it's a 4 and split it into the other fours. This is really good. To make the rising look good it'll take a lot of practice. Paul Wilson explains good. 9/10

Haunted Card: It's alright. A ard mysteriously comes out of the pack. I don't really like the idea even though it looks really good. 6/10

Tornado Production: It's by Knietel. I don't know who he is, but he works in a magic shop. It's a really hardcore production using a card compass. It's basically XCM. Pretty cool, but really hard. 7/10

All thumbs: A way to vanish a silk without a TT. In his presentation he says magicians use a fake thumb to vanish it. He does the old thumb off hand gag to show the audience. It's alright. It uses a TT at the end. I like using my TT to vanish the silk and don't really need this. 6/10

Punch Too: This is freakinn awesome. It's a sucker effect. It one of the best sucker effects ever actually. I love and will be performing this one a lot. It's by Paul Wilson. 10/10

LJ visits BJ: I signed card travels around the deck. It's pretty good. 8/10

Peppermill Cut: Lee Asher just repeatedly does the cut. He doesn't even really explain it. So I'm not sure about this one. 5/10

Back Four: You quickly produce the four Aces while they're behind your back. It quick. I need to go over the method again. But it looks great. Good moves taught in this as well.9/10

Spiral Sliced color change: It's an alright change. I've practiced too many good changes to add another one to my list, but it's all good. 7/10

Molecule 2 Production: Dan and Dave look like they're 15 in this. I believe this one is Daves. He's a really good teacher. I might learn this. I'm not really into extreme flourishing, but it looks really good to produce a card. 8/10

Apparition Aces: I think Dan teaches this one. It's a pretty good way to produce the four aces. You need a watch. 7/10

Yo!: The deck ribbon spreadys in mid-air and you catch it again in your hand. It's by Lee Asher. I'm probably going to practice this one. It's like a card spring. Just something to do while waiting or before you do a trick.

Melting Coins: Nathan kranzo did a great job on this one. 3 coins constantly vanish and reapear from the flame of a lighter.You need a shell which I need to get sooner or later. 9/10

Well that's all of the effects. Aaron Fisher had a sweet transpo, but he didn't teach it. The road trip is great. Lee and Paul go to San Francisco, Las Vegas and L.A. You get to go into Alcatraz, the magic castle and it's a really fun DVD to watch.

You get to see Dan or Dave I forgot which one, slide down the railing of a really giant stair case in a Hotel. They get shouted at by I guess someone who works at the Hotel saying STOP THAT! DON"T COME DOWN THAT WAY! Dan and Dave are a lot cooler in my book because of that stunt. And they were already cool.

Like a said there is some brief nudity which may not be appropriate for people under 13 and some language. Overall this is an amazing buy. I watched it twice and plan on watching a lot more. Very cool.

Overall Entertainment:14/10!!!

Effects:9/10!!!

Thanks for reading. :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results