Holding the deck in 4 for 4

Okay this is my first post and I am pretty new here so don't tear me up!:)

I love card magic and am always open to new stuff. I love Kenner's 4for4 but am finding it difficult to do. I believe it is because I hold the deck higher in my hand like Fisher does. Please help me out but the only way I can seem to make the cards do their thing is to have the deck laying flat against my palm. Am I wrong? I, otherwise, cannot get the cards to do the sleight with the deck held like Fisher would teach. When I hold the deck like shown and use the ring finger it pushes the cards down off and closes them against the deck. BUT, if I hold the deck against my palm I can get the cards open up. The frustrating thing is that this is NOT the way I was traditionally taught to hold the deck. I was taught to hold it like Fisher would advise. So, please help me out. Is there a set/proper way to hold the deck for the vast majority of sleights or does Kenner have his own way of holding the deck and thus teach a sleight like it should obviously work for everybody not realizing that he may be holding the deck differently than Fisher would hold it?
If I am totally wrong and this sleight of hand should work for any proper deck hold PLEASE teach me what to do to make it work.

Again, please go easy on this first time poster.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Hey and welcome too Theory11!

I myself don't own 4for4 so I couldn't say, what I will say though is that this might class as exposure. So it might get taken down or something unless you edit it a bit. Sorry if that sounded like I was getting at you or something, I wasn't - trying to just trying to help.
And welcome to the forums once again.

Apr 28, 2008
While I usually hold the deck fairly low in my hand I just tried holding it very high and I could still do the 4 for 4 switch quite easily. At first I found the move slightly awkward in any position so it may just take a while for you to build up the necessary finger strength to do the switch when the deck is held higher.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I think that some people can figure out the move, while reading your post, so edit it ;) I know you did it just to explain your situation..

Maybe move the deck lower in your hand, and should work perfectly, at least for me it does..

Apr 22, 2008
Edit your post because a lot of people might figure out the move. If you need help i can help you, just PM me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results