How do you introduce your interest in magic in school?

Sep 4, 2007
I actually remember a moment when it was a passing period, and I was practicing some flourishes, and someone came up to me and asked if I did magic, said yeah, and that got it started.

Aug 31, 2007
I got this tip from a David Stone video. As you're walking by someone, drop a coin and ask "Did you drop this?" Usually they stop and reply no. Obviously this is a very nice in since it introduces something you can do magic with in a nonchalant way.

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
I did my first performance

I did my first sort of street performance today at school to people i don't know that well. I did stigmata and all the people around me just went Oh My GOD! How the hell did you do that?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! I then did a trick from Kard Klub and i got the same reactions. I will hit the streets soon but im a little scared. Anyoone have some tips on patter and presentation they could give me?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island
I did my first sort of street performance today at school to people i don't know that well. I did stigmata and all the people around me just went Oh My GOD! How the hell did you do that?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! I then did a trick from Kard Klub and i got the same reactions. I will hit the streets soon but im a little scared. Anyoone have some tips on patter and presentation they could give me?

just act as if u own the place, and dont look scared. and make jokes. ya know, the usual.

seriously dude, its not that hard, i'm 13 and i even go up to people in the sttreeet and do magic.

For school, I just break out a deck sometimes and do some flourishes, people always ask to see a trick and that's when I perform it. But really, I don't tell too many people in school that I perform magic, rather I let them find out when I actually do a trick for them :)

Sep 14, 2007
school...I started a show called trickmasters magic show, and it broadcasts to every single classroom in our school and it even broadcasts to local cable. And it was all free...So everyone kinda knew i do magic.:cool:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results