How do you practice?

Apr 22, 2008
Hey guys, this post might have been brought up some time, but how do flourishers practice?
I mean, You know how the magician go in front of a mirror, film ourselves, perform for family, etc. How do you get smooth? How do you build up speed? Do you go in front of a mirror?

I'd like to hear from you guys.

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
•Getting smooth
-Find rhythm. Do the cut at a constant rate. If you have a hard part (ex: Revolution Cut not hard for me but whatever.) and go fast, and then slow down on the revolution if not- it won't look smooth. Try to get it so it looks like the revolution cut was nothing. think of it as a metronome -it wont slow down for a part you might not be good at. So you have to slow the ENTIRE metronome (meaning you have to slow down your entire piece down to get every part into the metronome at a constant rate.
•Building speed
-**** speed. all you need is smoothness..... Too many noobs aim for speed.
•Mirrors
-I don't care for them.

Jul 14, 2008
When I practise, I usually listen to all kind of techno music to keep you energized. Also, I do finger excerices as part of a warmup as you do more advanced cuts and start off slow cuts and increase speed as you go along.

Nov 3, 2007
Kyrgyzstan
Smoothness with good speed isn't easy. YOu'll practice years to find perfect smooth.
SO here is answer on question hoew we are practicing.
I take a deck of cards (or 2 decks) and go to street. I like practice on the sreet. And of course I like pratice in my room with music in front of mirror :)

Jul 3, 2008
at first im doing slow every move until i do the the flourish smooth
and then i start working about speed and smooth

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
When I practice my flourishes, I get the basic moves down first. Once I know them, I practice them a little faster, gradually building up speed. I usually practice in my living room while with the television on (I can't stand constant silence).

Dec 13, 2007
Atlanta,Georgia
practice any and all cuts... and if you have an XCMER friend try xcming with them
i know team cut and displays help with single cuts and displays...
and your teammate can spot any flaws or mistakes you do
this should help with being smoother

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Im going to sound arrogant but
I dont practice I ShowOff
Before when I first started I just did them in everywere
Just do them evrytime
right now im doing Ashers Diving Board Shouldnt Be A Double as I type
Yes I can type With One Hand

Jan 27, 2008
Just do them evrytime
Seriously, shut yo mouth.

It all depends what other obligations I have.... sometimes I have to work, sometimes go in to weightlift for football, sometimes just go to my friends houses or going to movies and stuff... so sometimes 3 or 4 hours in one day... sometimes 6, sometimes 10.

Apr 22, 2008
Just do them evrytime

/
Hahahah dude, you are freaking hilarious keep it up .... 5*

Jan 27, 2008
I think people have made some good points in this thread... I basically just sit on my couch with a mirror at some angle and flourish for several hours at a time while listening to my ipod, and experiment with new finger positions and stuff that will get me recognized as someone original... if that helps at all.

-Sean Fast

I find that listening to good music while flourishing helps with the practice. Go with the tempo of the music and play slow, as well as fast songs. Also, if you imagine how it would look on video with dramatic lighting and the good music you're listening to. That really helps. Also, I practice as much as I can throughout the day whenever I get a chance. Muscle memory is the key, you get your the muscles in your hands to get used to the feel of the cards and the repetitive movements.

I personally practice at night right before I go to sleep. I practice until I get really tired and start to mess up more and more. That's my advice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results