How is T11 any different?

Sep 1, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I am NOT posting this thread to "talk s***"... I like this site and I will probably visit it everyday, but I don't see the difference from the other sites, I'm just a little disapointed after all that hype. Please reply to reassure my expectations, if possible...
I understand that;
we are trying to keep this site secretive to make it unique, but that's not working;
and post wonderful videos for eachother to see, but there have been some boring crappy videos posted, just like youtube;
and collaborate with eachother in order to improve, but I have read some pretty lame and inexperienced responses in the threads, just like other sites;
and I know we have 11 great minds here that created this site but it seems that their plans are just to create new "tricks" and sell them, yes they will be great tricks, but I'm just saying that this is exactly like the other sites...

And 1-on-1???... It's not 1-on-1 if it's just a video that we pay for that is exactly the same no matter who buys it... now... if after I pay for the video and lets say I get stuck on a slight or a hand positioning with a flourish, if I could make a video of myself doing it and explain where I'm stuck and show this video to the cast of 11, then they watch it and respond with a personal video helping me, well then that WOULD be a revolution! And please don't say that the videos will be different because they will be "made by true masters, in great detail"... because the library of videos that I have and instant downloads that I have purchased are all perfectly understandable and instructional with various angles and taught very well, OBVIOUSLY, BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE VIDEOS THAT GOT US ALL TO THIS POINT!!!

What do you guys/gals think???

Well with all these great minds in magic come together, I think you can expect some really crazy, top-notch tricks that won't be like your average. Are my expectations too high? So far, absolutely not. While their ideas may not be the newest (2/3 tricks out right now are tweaked ideas that already existed), they are different and they do hit hard. That's what keeps me here, and I really do think that this site will prosper.

I'm not sure what the Team was thinking calling a magic site 'revolutionary'. It's not the site, but the products that will be available on the site that will be what makes it revolutionary or not. And with all these brilliant minds of magic focusing their efforts in one place, I can say with a good deal of certainty that we will be seeing some really amazing stuff here in the near future.

EDIT: But I do agree with what's been posted here about why the 1 on 1 section is pretty revolutionary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I wonder what "the wire" will be about. Hopefully that will be unique and not just more hype for nothing special.

To make this site different, the 11 creators should interact with us PERSONALLY. In a protected forum for a certain trick or flourish (like at E), all of the creators should be viewing those posts and constantly reposting VIDEOS of their own for us to view that touch up on what people are requesting help with.
Then there would be no other site like this one. Is there?

Sep 1, 2007
I thought 1 on 1, would be interactive. Like they would teach a trick, think about every problem you may have with it, and then you could press "I'm having a problem". Then a list would come up with what you are having a problem with, so I would click, "I'm flashing on the 2ond change" then they would show you another video where he goes deeper into it, and they show it from ever angle. But sadly, they don't.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Im looking forward to finding out what the wire is and hope it's something we've yet to see else where...

One thing I love about this site is the forums... they are much more free than the others etc

I think the members of T11 coming on regularly and interacting with us, be it jamming or just chilling, would be excellent and could be done.

Your points are true though, but I am looking forward to the effects and love the forums.

i think most of your questions can be answered with the word marketing. i work at a marketing firm and the things people come up with to name things are quite funny, and often with out real substance. i know a few of the T11 folks work at marketing firms

Aug 30, 2007
My two cents...

We've been up for about two weeks now. There are a bunch of (in my opinion) very exciting things coming up on the horizon. We take seriously the claims we've made here, but the things that make a lasting difference in any art do not and have not ever happened overnight. The launch of this site is the beginning for us. All I would ask is that we get a chance to get our feet wet. Judge us by what we do in the coming months and years.

I genuinely do feel that there is something unique and valuable about the 1 on 1 section of this site. That's my opinion, however, and you're welcome to differ from it.

The idea of people sending in videos specifically to get feedback from our team is something that we've already been discussing with our team in one form or another. We're actively working on more projects and concepts like that, but we choose consciously not to discuss them just yet because we haven't developed the idea or the method of implementation enough yet. Some ideas might die out because of impracticality and it would be a bad idea to get people's hopes up about something that might not happen. Which might be what I just did. Damn it.

Dana

it would be a bad idea to get people's hopes up about something that might not happen. Which might be what I just did. Damn it.

Dana

gotta love those moments where you wanna stick your foot in your mouth......

anyway i have to agree with dana because well its true, the sites only been open for a few weeks and there still some kinks to be worked out and whatnot. Sure sometimes there may be a glitch or a problem with an order, but stuff lik e that happens but what i feel makes theory 11 different in one way is the intereaction level that weve seen from here on the forums all the way to customer service...so far both of the times ive had a problem its been jonathan whos responded to the problem and that goes a long way when a C.E.O takes care of everyones problems. anyway im going to stop now cause mr.ups man just rang my doorbell.

OK,

I understand that with allot hype comes disappointment. I can't think of too many events that where over hyped and delivered. This is why too much hype will usually backfire on you.

With this said, let's give T11 a chance here guys. I am a business owner and it's not very easy to get something off the ground without problems, set backs or ideas not working out.

The Artist behind the company are well respected, incredible performers that have a passion for delivering the best possible magic. They are also all human and can use a little encouragement for the large task they are undertaking.

Many of you always want blood. No flaws, no problems, give me, give me. You should do this, you should do that.

Just remember that they are just getting started. Give them some slack. With time more and more of their ideas will come to life. Many other sites are dead when it comes to innovation and constantly moving forward. It's not easy but if their mission is to provide this environment, I will encourage them all the way.

E has been around for a long time and they are still moving forward with new material and trying to do the best they can to satisfy their customers. T11 is no different in that respect, but they are doing some unique things that we should all be exited about.

Sep 1, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
With this said, let's give T11 a chance here guys. I am a business owner and it's not very easy to get something off the ground without problems, set backs or ideas not working out....
Many of you always want blood. No flaws, no problems, give me, give me. You should do this, you should do that.

Ya, I agree. I too understand from experience that it is a rough and difficult road starting a business, but I do believe that this is a case where all of the ultra-hype may have backfired slightly...
I think we can all agree that during the weeks of whatistheory11.com, we were given a vision of something that would be "revolutionary" and completely different, and no one thought it would be another site like this (remember what everyone in dananddave's chat forums were predicting what theory11 would be???).
I know the 11 guys are reading these threads, esspecially the ones like this one, and I'm glad Dana responded and implied about some of the possibilities for the future, that was my point. I also hope that people express their opinions and thoughts so maybe the guys can utilize our suggestions. The collective talents of these 11 guys ALONE lead us to believe how impressive this site could be (and will be).

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
whoever thought about this new magic site, and ASSUMED it wouldnt be like E or any other site, is an idiot. Its a busisness, its here to overprice things and take our money...its the same as the other sites but with a flashy new name and catchy logo...

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
whoever thought about this new magic site, and ASSUMED it wouldnt be like E or any other site, is an idiot. Its a busisness, its here to overprice things and take our money...its the same as the other sites but with a flashy new name and catchy logo...
I'm sorry you feel this way. As many others have realized, we're more about creating a community where magicians and flourishers from around the world can come and share with one another and converse with the top creators and performers in the field, rather than financial gain.

Of course, we could have always taken the alternate route and stocked thousands of products at launch. However, we chose to be about quality from the start. Each one of our products is painstakingly work-shopped to ensure the highest quality production, teaching, and astonishment value.

Regarding cost, have you taken a look at Digital Dissolve? The coins alone would be worth double the price, being that they are Schoolcraft. What about the 1-on-1 section?

I hope that, in time, you'll see that our crew and artists DO care, that we do listen, and that its our primary goal to advance the art and the community within this industry.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
i guess i came across more negative than i meant.. i know some tricks are bargains, but time and time again i see hundreds of people get disappointed by hyped products, while i sit back and sorta giggle as i havent fallen for the anticipation...normally make my own gimmicks that work just as well, and i still have money for beer afterwards...

i meant like, when i first heard about a new site opening, people were all excited and expected something amazingly new..
while i sat back and told everybody your all letting yourselves open for a huge disappointment...

its a busisness, i understand, and i meant nothing wrong with your end, its the people of the community that annoy me to no end...

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I'm sorry you feel this way. As many others have realized, we're more about creating a community where magicians can come and share with one another and converse with the top creators and performers in the field, rather than financial gain.

Of course, we could have always taken the alternate route and stocked thousands of products at launch. However, we chose to be about quality from the start. Each one of our products is painstakingly work-shopped to ensure the highest quality production, teaching, and astonishment value.

Regarding cost, have you taken a look at Digital Dissolve? The coins alone would be worth double the price, being that they are Schoolcraft. What about the 1-on-1 section?

I hope that, in time, you'll see that our crew and artists DO care, that we do listen, and that its our primary goal to advance the art and the community within this industry.

Im very happy with the way this site is heading :D

Here and cafe' are my two favoutite places to hang out online

Sep 1, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Im very happy with the way this site is heading :D

Here and cafe' are my two favoutite places to hang out online

I'm glad this site did not "stock thousands of products at launch"... that says alot about them and their intensions! It's true, I AM disappointed so far but that is only because the hype built this up to be so much more than it is AT THIS POINT. I AM optimistic for the future tho, that is why I am still here.

I'll say it time and time again... there should be a "sticky" thread that we can all colaborate on reasonable ideas and suggestions for this site that the creators can monitor and maybe use some of the ideas, AND respond to our concerns all in one thread instead of scattered throughout hundreds of threads. They are not the only 11 competent and creative people in this world. We all want this site to succeed and really be something revolutionary.

ALSO, after reading a few other threads about this... I think our ages should be required in our profiles AND how many years we have been studying magic. For some reason, that is just something I would like to know when I am reading someone's opinion.

Sep 11, 2007
in my opinion this entire site was pre-mature. You all talk about business men and as if these 11 actually are just that... no they are performers or technical guys... why do you think performers have managers? because they are horrible at business but great at ideas... Good ideas but ridiculous execution equals whatistheory11.com to theory11.com. I read the posts from dana and others... frankly they still over hype their stuff in the posts themselves. Every thing they sell is gimmicked, the cards sucked and over priced and there are a million forums just like this. Ok they say 1 on 1 is revolutionary? but WHY??????????? because it teaches you one trick for 5 bucks? go get an E dvd like crash course or ninja... go on I'll wait. ok got it? good. count how many slights and tricks are taught on the dvd then multiply it by 5.. what do you get? more than what the dvd cost huh? well aint that revolutionary? 1 on 1 is just a way to spread out their non-gimmicked stuff over time, make more money and have less over head because there isn't a physical product like a dvd and packaging (i guess for once from a business stand point this is revolutionary). I'm not finding a single positive thing about this site since it launched, I'm sorry if that steps on some toes but no one has proven otherwise.
-Spinn

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
in my opinion this entire site was pre-mature. You all talk about business men and as if these 11 actually are just that... no they are performers or technical guys... why do you think performers have managers? because they are horrible at business but great at ideas... Good ideas but ridiculous execution equals whatistheory11.com to theory11.com. I read the posts from dana and others... frankly they still over hype their stuff in the posts themselves. Every thing they sell is gimmicked, the cards sucked and over priced and there are a million forums just like this. Ok they say 1 on 1 is revolutionary? but WHY??????????? because it teaches you one trick for 5 bucks? go get an E dvd like crash course or ninja... go on I'll wait. ok got it? good. count how many slights and tricks are taught on the dvd then multiply it by 5.. what do you get? more than what the dvd cost huh? well aint that revolutionary? 1 on 1 is just a way to spread out their non-gimmicked stuff over time, make more money and have less over head because there isn't a physical product like a dvd and packaging (i guess for once from a business stand point this is revolutionary). I'm not finding a single positive thing about this site since it launched, I'm sorry if that steps on some toes but no one has proven otherwise.
-Spinn

your absolutely right, but look at it as if you were on their end
its genious marketing...theres a market for it, people fall for the hype and take these peoples word like their god, and dont mind paying for it

they make a ton of cash off people who dont know any different :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results