How much would all of these be worth?

Jul 10, 2012
Hey guys, I'm no longer a magician, because I've decided to persue other interests, but I'm stuck with something. I have a bunch of un-opened decks that I was hoping you guys could help me out with in terms of pricing. I have no idea what any of these are worth now, so all help is appreciated...

5 un-opened D&D V5s
1 un-opened Bicycle Masters Ed (Uv500 Air-Flow)
2 unopened DB Split Spades (1st Ed)
1 un-opened Shadow Masters (Air cushion II)
1 un-opened Centurions (Air-Cushion)
and finally 1 un-opened Ghost deck (Air-Cushion)

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 29, 2012
Sorry to lose you man, but I guess it happens. I can't tell you exact pricing, but the v5s, split spades, and centurions are valuable. But the others are very common.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
Reading what you have, the split spades appear to be the most valuable, but it also depends on what kind of centurions you have. Your split spades could get 15 bucks a pop on ebay, and if you have white centurions, maybe 75 for that one. Everything else, max ten.

Jul 10, 2012
Reading what you have, the split spades appear to be the most valuable, but it also depends on what kind of centurions you have. Your split spades could get 15 bucks a pop on ebay, and if you have white centurions, maybe 75 for that one. Everything else, max ten.

Really? The Dan and Dave v5s are worth ten? I don't think so...

Jan 22, 2012
Dan and Dave v5s at least go for 20-25 dollars on ebay and I've seen Split Spades go up to $25 as well.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
My eldest step-son used to buy and trade sport cards and did quite well at it. One day as he bragged about one particular card he had that was worth hundreds to the collectors market I pointed out to him that said value applies only to those interested in such things, not the rest of the world and frequently, those in that niche element aren't going to pay you the projected value of the item because they want to make a profit from it themselves; especially when you are looking at shop owners and whole sellers.

Another example is a book I was recently gifted that retails for over $200.00. To me and those fellow Mentalists that practice the Older School path of the craft the book is priceless but there is another school of discipline in the Mentalism (not to mention the skeptic's cult) who would detest the collection because of some of the things outlined within it and inference towards "real magick" (actually, a psychological effect but quite real). For those in the New School mind-set this book wouldn't be worth more than $20.00 when it comes to the information and it being practical to their mode of work. Again, the collector will see value in that it is a limited edition and will not be reprinted for at least a couple of generations after the author is long gone. . . the point is, perspective is what gives a thing value. Add to that a collectors economic position and how they equate value. Someone in my position would see a few hundred dollar investment as a big deal while someone like Copperfield rarely flinches when it comes to paying tens of thousands of dollars for items he wants in his private museum.

Just keep such things in mind when looking for appraisals.

I think the best thing to do in cases like these is to just search Google and Ebay. You can easily find the market value for your items, and like it has been said before, something may be priced at $25 dollars, but it won't sale for that much unless someone who has some real cash to spend really wants them and doesn't care what the price is.

- Steve

Jul 10, 2012
Thank you everyone for your comments. I now have a buyer willing to take everything off my hands for $170 USD. Mods you may do whatever you'd like with this thread.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results