How should I go about making my own trick or approching someone on the street?

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
i've never gone up to anyone in the street before and ive always wanted to im alright at card tricks and stuff but i would like to learn more amazing things like illusions and stuff how should i go about doin any of this.

Aug 31, 2007
Newton, MA
That is a very vague question. I would invest in some more books and dvds first before even thinking of approaching someone on the streeet. There are a lot of great beginner sets that take you to advanced stuff such as ETMCM by Ammar and Road to Road to royal card magic.

Adam

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
You should get more material first before you go out on the streets. Learn a lot of sleights and tricks, then practice hard until you feel confident enough to go out on the streets.

You should get more material first before you go out on the streets. Learn a lot of sleights and tricks, then practice hard until you feel confident enough to go out on the streets.
NO! He shouldn't. He should stick with what he has now, and PRACTICE what he has.

Mini Magician, master what you have now, perfect everything until your comfortable with all of your material. Perform on family, get a feel for performing for people. Friends and family are great practice as it allows for you to test your presentation and performance. Then, hit the streets. It will feel weird at first wanting to approach a stranger. You'll get the normal fear of rejection, but that's the worst that can happen; for them to say NO. Then you just try again. It just gets easier and easier each time you approach.

I like to compare it to asking a girl out. When I ask a girl out on a date, I get this feeling in my stomach because I'm afraid she'll reject me. I'm a shy guy, VERY shy. So each time I approach ANYONE I don't know I turn red, or start shaking. But hey, I've gotten used to it and have learned how to look past it. I can tell you though, approaching a spectator for magic is 100x less hard than asking a girl out.

When you say "illusions". Do you mean LARGE scale illusions? Because it would be hard to perform a metamorphosis on the street after approaching a stranger. So work with what you have, once you master it, test it on spectators, then hit the streets. When you are ready for more, purchase a book or two. You won't regret it!

Mitchell

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
Practice what you have, that's fine. But if it's card effects that really dont have that 'impact' or whatever, 'like constant key card/self working card effects' then i would invest in other stuff. Ammars ETMCM is an AWESOME series to slowly add material to your repetoire.

You really can't predict what happens when you do street magic, so just try it and see. If you get rejected, sucks, but keep trying. Sooner or later somebody will want to see it, and they'll be amazed.

But keep practicing! Make sure you know the routine, dialogue, route, and all of that stuff.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
thanks

i do practice on friends and family they do seem to be amazed i order some books but i dont know where i should look for dvds unless i look online? and thanks for all your tips do u have any more?:p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results