Hypnosis, Magic and Ethics

Cuttlefish

Elite Member
Sep 17, 2021
I was into Hypnosis before magic. Hypnosis is communication, how the mind works and a wonderful tool to help other. Although there is some cross over with magic and I point to perception blindness, it is not a good idea to make entertainment out of someone else's internal processes.

regards
The Cuttlefish

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
I think it’s fine as long as the performer asks for consent and the participants are aware of the scope of possibilities within the performance.

That being said I’ve never been hypnotized even though I have participated in more than one occasion. In one ”group experiment” from a practitioner the group exhibited signs of being hypnotized while others didn’t. I’m of the mind that compliance comes from a willingness… be that from; group think, people pleasing, or openness to experience the situation. I’m sure there are other factors.

Had I not been in control of myself I may change my belief to it not being ethical to entertain thru such processes.

Either way, I’m not a fan of hypnosis for entertainment or other uses.

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
It’s not that I don’t believe, it is on the fringe of medical science with minimal support in helping weight loss or depression etc. It’s in the realm of guided meditation which has similar results medically in those examples. I’m just not a fan, and if it’s consensual I don’t see a problem with it ethically if others enjoy that type of entertainment.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results