I Love Monkeys.

What can I say, I love monkeys.

Magic, as stated many, many times is an art, and when performing this art, like any other, it's a great idea to channel something you love into it. Some of you may feel disheartened or upset on certain occasions, and that is not healthy for you, nor your magic. To channel that part out of your magic, you must channel something you love into it.

When a performer is feeling down, upset, or angry it will influence their performance to no extent. Each trick will be lackluster and bland because of the attitude they have. That's why it is so vital and important to channel something that you love into your performance to allow for your presentation and performance to be more emotional and wonderful. You never want to take your anger out on your magic, especially when you are performing, that's why it is so important to get rid of all negative thoughts when performing. You have to get those negative thoughts out of your mind using any way necessary.

I personally try to think of something I love, whether it be my friends, monkeys :p, or the upcoming reactions I will receive, whatever it may be, the negative thoughts shouldn't be in your mind when you're performing. If you are feeling so upset or negative, then you shouldn't even go out and perform, as you may simply damage your performance to a level like no other. If this happens, you will be more susceptible to repeating the same thing again.

Instead of rushing out to perform, sit down before you go out, and take a few deep breaths to calm yourself down. Then draw a picture or read something that may remind you of that something you love. You can call a friend or a girl/boyfriend to cheer up your spirits. Anything to remind you of your anger remedy is vital to your performance. Without it, you will be left an angry magician, and angry magicians make angry spectators.

So please, next time your feeling down, upset, negative, or angry, just take a few moments to remember something you love, for the sake of your magic.

Mitchell

Aug 31, 2007
or you could take out your anger by making someone "disappear".... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
What can I say, I love monkeys.

Magic, as stated many, many times is an art, and when performing this art, like any other, it's a great idea to channel something you love into it. Some of you may feel disheartened or upset on certain occasions, and that is not healthy for you, nor your magic. To channel that part out of your magic, you must channel something you love into it.

When a performer is feeling down, upset, or angry it will influence their performance to no extent. Each trick will be lackluster and bland because of the attitude they have. That's why it is so vital and important to channel something that you love into your performance to allow for your presentation and performance to be more emotional and wonderful. You never want to take your anger out on your magic, especially when you are performing, that's why it is so important to get rid of all negative thoughts when performing. You have to get those negative thoughts out of your mind using any way necessary.

I personally try to think of something I love, whether it be my friends, monkeys :p, or the upcoming reactions I will receive, whatever it may be, the negative thoughts shouldn't be in your mind when you're performing. If you are feeling so upset or negative, then you shouldn't even go out and perform, as you may simply damage your performance to a level like no other. If this happens, you will be more susceptible to repeating the same thing again.

Instead of rushing out to perform, sit down before you go out, and take a few deep breaths to calm yourself down. Then draw a picture or read something that may remind you of that something you love. You can call a friend or a girl/boyfriend to cheer up your spirits. Anything to remind you of your anger remedy is vital to your performance. Without it, you will be left an angry magician, and angry magicians make angry spectators.

So please, next time your feeling down, upset, negative, or angry, just take a few moments to remember something you love, for the sake of your magic.

Mitchell

I love your advice on just taking some deep breaths and relaxing. I was performing for friends today and I started to get jittery because I didn't want to screw up. My palms were all sweaty and I kept on stumbling around with words. So I actually did what you mentioned (deep breaths, take your time) then I just commanded the performance. They "knew" in their minds I was using gaff cards but didn't know how and I handed them the deck "palming the card :p" and they couldnt find it so they were just boggled. Oh the joys of magic.

-RA69

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
I've always said.. anything with a midget and a monkey will make money. People love em.

As for feeling down, whenever I feel just kinda blah.. I pick up a deck of cards and do the pass over and over and over and over again. Kinda like meditation really.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results