I Need Help ASAP

So my show is May 19 and I'm doing an hour show in a stage show environment. One of my key props is the Electric Touch+ which I bought back in 2015 so my warranty has expired on it. I tried to use it at a rehearsal recently and I couldn't get it to work anymore after it worked once faintly. I tested the device the way the paper instructions suggested and it will spark but it will also go haywire and run continuously to where the gimmick that makes it work is no where near it and yet it is still shocking me when I try to shut it off (note it won't work when it is on me, this is only when it's off me and I try to test it).

So I have an issue since the entire hook of my show relies on this prop. I can try to fix the prop which may not be possible or invest another $200 into buying a new one which is something I really don't want to do since I have already invested so much into this show as is (I'm actually embarrassed to admit the amount).

I need advice on either how to fix it or how to fundraise another $200 for a replacement.
Thanks!

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
That sucks.

Maybe look into electronic repair shops if you are able to open up everything without damage.

I don't know all of what it looks like, but it sounds like you have exposed wire, a loose connection, or both (I'm guessing that there's a wire connection that's pulling away from the lead and the lead and maybe touching something else in the process, explaining the constant shock or nothing at all.

But yeah, I'm guessing you're going to need some solder work done with possible wire repair. Shouldn't be TOO bad, but it's definitely going to be an odd request for whomever you decide for repairing it if you go down that route.

I wish I could help more, I used to do drone maintenance in the Air Force. If you have good pictures of the innards, PM me and I'll see if I can help, maybe walk you through some troubleshooting. Let me know!

Oh crap, that sucks man :( Hopefully someone here can help you with the prop. Is there a support number or email you can use to contact the developer?
I've already contacted penguin whom I bought it from and there was nothing they can do. I emailed Yigal Mesika himself and am waiting for a response. From what I can tell, the device is now defective.

That sucks.

Maybe look into electronic repair shops if you are able to open up everything without damage.

I don't know all of what it looks like, but it sounds like you have exposed wire, a loose connection, or both (I'm guessing that there's a wire connection that's pulling away from the lead and the lead and maybe touching something else in the process, explaining the constant shock or nothing at all.

But yeah, I'm guessing you're going to need some solder work done with possible wire repair. Shouldn't be TOO bad, but it's definitely going to be an odd request for whomever you decide for repairing it if you go down that route.

I wish I could help more, I used to do drone maintenance in the Air Force. If you have good pictures of the innards, PM me and I'll see if I can help, maybe walk you through some troubleshooting. Let me know!
Thanks Brett! I haven't actually opened up the innards yet but am considering doing so. The wiring is the tricky part since it is covered in a certain way that I'm worried that I might mess it up further if I take a hack at it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results