Impromtu Brainwave?

Hey guys. I've been messin' around with the Brainwave taught in Martini's "The Art of Card Splitting" and I was just wondering...are there any impromptu versions out there? I'm not necessarily looking for a version that involves the whole blue backed/red backed deal (if you know what I mean), but one where a spectator might choose a red card and you show that the rest of the packet are black cards or vice versa?

Nov 27, 2009
Are you looking for a "mentalist" version similar to the invisible deck? I don't know a way to replicate that, but I can think of a few methods similar to Chicago Opener that are more of a "pick a card" thing. PM me if your interested and I'll give you a few ideas to consider.

FYI: I'm familiar with the concept behind the Brainwave deck, but if the effect you're talking about is much different from that then I'm no help. I should also mention that I've not read the book you've mentioned. I have just read your post and come up with a few concepts that might work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
there are a few versions using the 8 card brainwave principle.

The easiest is using a red / blue double back card, and if you want to you could add some double stick tape, or rough the cards.

another idea is to have duplicates (in different colour backs) on the face of the deck, maybe some double stick tape aswell or just simply just handle the double well.

Sep 20, 2009
Indeed, i have one that is in the shadows waiting to be published, that utilizes no 'Gimmicks' or 'Gimmick Decks'

The spectator names any card, no force, you can then hand them the deck, they can spread it out, different back, their named card

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results