Lasting cards

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
what do you mean by 'last'?
magicians care about card warping
flourishers care about them not clumping

Oct 28, 2007
to me the tallys and bikes last for 1-2 months the studs just suck and last for maybe 2-3 weeks and i don't know about arccos

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
its hard to keep track
definitely all of the decks after a month start becoming dirty
and pretty much impossible to do a clean dl with
and clump
but this varies WILDLY based on your climate
and by how much your hands sweat naturally

i find that tallyhos last longer than bikes every time though

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Tallys About a week
Bikes About a week
Arrcos Never heard
Studs Never handled

Only difference I see in Tally Hos and Bicycles is the back design. So I use Tally Ho Fan backs mostly.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
can somebody tell me how long the following cards last for you?

Tallys
Bikes
Arrcos
Studs

Tallys: If you take care of them like any other deck, they can last you for months. If they get worn out, stick them in a drawer for a while and then discover them again. Good as new!
Bikes:Let's put it this way. I've had the same deck for over 6 months, and it still feels awesome.
Arrcos: Never used them.
Studs: Very good quality. I've had one deck for a few months, and it still feels good.

David

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
Tallys: If you take care of them like any other deck, they can last you for months. If they get worn out, stick them in a drawer for a while and then discover them again. Good as new!

i dont know about months
mine die faster
but they definitely spring back if you leave them alone for a while
they are made out of magic

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
It really depends on how you like your decks. I want my decks fresh and new, so my cards "last" a very short time. I have several months old decks that are usable, but I don't like them.

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
If you treat them right, they can last months. I know from experience.

David

um no
this lasting argument is wrong because nobody is saying how ofter the cards are used
i always have a deck of cards in my hands
i easily spend 7-8 solid hours a day playing with it
you cant tell me that a deck can last months under those conditions
weeks at best
im lucky i have dryish hands or i would need to have a _much_ bigger card budget

Sep 4, 2007
It mainly depends on what flourishes you do, the type of hands you have, how often you practice and the humidity of the area you live in.

Here's my situation:

I practice at least 4 hours a day, on and off, with palms that get sweaty fast, usually cuts and thumb fans at first, then the more damaging flourishes like springs, Le Paul Spreads, etc. I'd say Singapore is really humid ;)

A deck of Tallys lasts me 3 weeks without proper care (i.e. not putting it back into the case and into the Porper clip). Never bothered to take note of how long they last under proper care, because it's really long ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results