Lefties help?

Mar 19, 2011
California
Hello everyone,
I am a lefty flourisher, and it is pretty difficult to learn tutorials, especially when the tutorial is OTS view.
I usually edit it them by flipping the video, so that the video is mirrored. That way, it looks like it is all left.

However, for D&D for example, it is vimeo, and it is unable to get the video in mp4 form and put it into the video editor to do some editing.
Is there a way to learn flourishes (especially in ots view) if you are a lefty? Or is it just something you have to get used to?

Nov 21, 2012
United States
I am left handed as well. What I usually do when trying to learn cardistry is I imagine the hand positioning of the instructor flipped in my head and try to copy that. It takes much longer than if I edited the video to be flipped, but I have to get used to it.

Feb 12, 2012
I am left handed too, but I learn all flourishes same as right handed cardists and I have no problems...maybe I am damaged

Feb 18, 2013
I am asian mixed-up lefty. I write with my left but I use chopsticks with my right hand. And as for cardistry, I usually have the cards in my left hand. Its sooo sad being a lefty when it comes to leftys. :(

Nov 21, 2012
United States
I am asian mixed-up lefty. I write with my left but I use chopsticks with my right hand. And as for cardistry, I usually have the cards in my left hand. Its sooo sad being a lefty when it comes to leftys. :(

If you are left handed then you hold the deck in your right hand, not your left.

Feb 28, 2013
Canada, Quebec
Hey, I am also a lefty but for some reason I always hold my deck in my left hand. I dont know if its good to hold it that way because I already feel comfortable with it but I have a hard time flourishing. The only thing I do with my right hand so far is the Snap Change and Flicker.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Lefty here. Unless you can download the video somehow and use something like the KM Player to flip it - you'll just have to slowly work your way through the tutorial, flipping things around in your mind.

An alternative would be to use a screen-capture software (like Camtasia or a less-expensive variety) to record the video as it's playing, and then take THAT video file, flip it, and learn from it.

All the best,
Vinnie C.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results