Live Magic Vid

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
Did I see an Emsley count in there?!? LOL...

Yeah, you managed to cover it up and that is what matters. It wasn't that bad, though I would try and get a bit more spectator participation in there.

LAKEL.AMBERT

Banned
Oct 13, 2010
Magic Castle is the place to go for magic, you have to be a member to go or you can stay at the Magic Castle Hotel. It's also the home of the Academy of Magical Arts.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Hmm. Not sure I liked the performance.

Wasn't a fan of the reasoning for just "going to try and find a few of the cards that could be yours." I feel there could be better patter/ presentation here.

What is the motivation for giving the spectator half of the deck to hold onto? The reason for doing that usually is because there is no table handy to set the cards down on, but in the case where you do have a table, you need another reason. In addition, you had all 5 cards separated from the pack, therefore giving the entire deck to hold onto makes more sense. Being given only half of the pack is odd. This is why it would be better to, as you are searching for the five cards that could be his, after you outjog the last card, give the spectator the remaining cards below that card to hold onto. You can also, before you take out five, say, "well, I am pretty sure your card is somewhere in this half, so go ahead and take these" (hand them half the deck). Then you take out the five cards.

Lastly, you didn't really sell or emphasize the, "your card is now gone," and you didn't even ask if they saw their card within the five that you chose.

The handling of the cards was smooth and there was definitely confidence in the way you use the pasteboards, but the presentation was really off in my honest opinion. Hopefully some of the ideas I have given will help.

Jul 14, 2008
I strongly agreed with everyone. Your skills are flawless and wonderful in this performance. I really admire your confidence too. However, you need to work on the presentation. Back then, I was used to show them all cool tricks, but over time, I started watching magicians on videos and they have great reactions. The only problem I now resolved is to connect with the audience on the emotional level.

I hope that this helps you and you can overcome in time.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Thanks guys for the advice! I usually do make sure they see their card, emphasize the vanish, etc., but I'm not to sure what happened there. I guess I was nervous? Maybe it was that we were trying out my new phones video camera (yes that was a cell phone video lol).

But, what you guys are saying about motivation to give them the pack...I totally get that and it makes sense! I am going to re-analyze my presentation, and work some of these kinks out!

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
Magic Castle is the place to go for magic, you have to be a member to go or you can stay at the Magic Castle Hotel. It's also the home of the Academy of Magical Arts.

Did anybody else find this post to be out of place? Did you all note the signature too??? Mattresses??? Maybe I am the only one....

But, presentation, work on it =D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results