Looking for a effect/trick

Aug 23, 2015
Hi, recently I am looking for a effect which look something like this.

The magician made a prediction with a card and hand the spectator a deck of cards. The magician ask the spectator to split the deck in half and have a free choice to keep one. The magician shows half of the deck which the spectator don't wants and throw it away. The whole process repeats until theres only less than 10 cards left. During the whole effect, the spectator can shuffle the half on their hands as much as they want. The spectator hand the remaining cards to the magician. The magician fan out the cards and let the spectator to pick one. The magician hand the card to the spectator and reveal the prediction. It was the exact same card.

If anyone have any idea of how this trick can be done, please tell me. I would be really appreciated. Thank you very much

Kason

Dec 5, 2013
Boston
There are many different methods that could achieve this. What venue is this for? Stage, parlor, close-up, strolling? All of these will impact how you would want to go about finding a method. What you described is very close to an effect by David Regal. I don't recall the name, but he teaches it in on of his DVD series, and he recently performed it on Penn & Teller: Fool Us.

Aug 23, 2015
Thank you for your reply! I think close-up or even stage will be good. I can currently looking for a method to do this effect

Aug 23, 2015
There's no video for "Marked Deck of Poor Quality", so it is very hard for me to see if it is what i am looking for... Thank you very much Brett!!

Aug 23, 2015
Since when I saw this effect, I thought it would be a card force. But the spectator spread and split the deck in their hands twice. Shuffled how ever they want. And I cannot see sign of sleights when the magician fan out the cards and let the spectator to pick it. This confuse me :p

Aug 23, 2015
Prophecy Pack?
There are many different methods that could achieve this. What venue is this for? Stage, parlor, close-up, strolling? All of these will impact how you would want to go about finding a method. What you described is very close to an effect by David Regal. I don't recall the name, but he teaches it in on of his DVD series, and he recently performed it on Penn & Teller: Fool Us.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
There are a lot of ways to do this effect or something very similar. My first choice of method would involve http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4882 and http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/646. There are similar methods discussed in Bannon's Destination Zero using anti-faro principles. You could also research open prediction effects, which give a similar (if not stronger) effect -- my favorite is Steinmeyer's Kardova Deck. Finally, there are a number of basic sleight of hand principles that can be used to accomplish this effect.

I think close-up or even stage will be good.

Those are two very different scenarios though. The method you use would differ depending on where you were.

For example, Bill Abbots 'Smart Ass' would be great for stage, but you don't really want to be throwing cards around like that close up.

But by the same token, Guy Hollingworth's 'Cassandra Quandary is largely then same effect, but would definitely work better close up (plus, there's some knuckle busting sleight of hand in there!).

My personal preference would be to use either a Svengali pack or an Al Koran forcing pack (If you know what they are you'll realise one can be easily turned into the other). This would allow you to show all the cards different and shuffle, you could then split the packet in half and go through the elimination procedure in exactly the way you described.

For a non-gaffed version, John Bannon has an open prediction effect in 'High Caliber' (I think) using the Balducci Cut Deeper Force which would achieve largely the same effect from a lay persons point of view.

Rev

Reactions: Justin.Morris
Sep 11, 2015
Hey, I'm looking for a got to coin trick. I have lots of card tricks which are great but I want to get some diversity. I was thinking about buying the superman 2.0 but I prefer tricks which are gimmick less and impromptu all though the super man trick looked great I'm willing to use a gimmick for that affect. So if you could help me finding a go to coin trick that would be great thanks.

Dec 5, 2013
Boston
Hey, I'm looking for a got to coin trick. I have lots of card tricks which are great but I want to get some diversity. I was thinking about buying the superman 2.0 but I prefer tricks which are gimmick less and impromptu all though the super man trick looked great I'm willing to use a gimmick for that affect. So if you could help me finding a go to coin trick that would be great thanks.

learn some basic moves and make up a routine. check out Bobo's modern coin magic.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Im going to go out today and get the coins for the practice. But I'm going to practice a couple of impromptu coin tricks. But they are BONKERS difficult to do. But worth it.

Here's the thing, they are from Ray Kosby's Impossible Close-Up Magic DVD. And they are not on the Youtube preview clip.

'Silver and Bone' has you push a half-dollar coin through your hand and it jumps pretty high through the hand.
Then you grip that coin and bring out a jumbo half-dollar and place it on the back of the hand that is gripping the smaller coin. The smaller coin and the jumbo coin switch places.

'Twixt The Threads' has a silver dollar in your hand and then covered by a handkerchief. Then, the audience pulls the handkerchief and the silver dollar has now penetrated the handkerchief as they completely pull the hanky.

If either of these sound interesting, get ready to put A TON of practice into them.

Sep 11, 2015
Hi I saw this on YouTube and I was absolutely amazed by the coin bend scene and altho you don't see a lot of the routine j was wondering if u could tell me which routine it is, it looks to me like skin but in one of the videos he then bends it further???Can someone help thanks. Ben

Here's the link:
(timing is 0:40 to 1:07)
Thanks again

Jun 3, 2015
best coin trick for me is a flipper coin U will literally blow everyone s mind,

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results