Magic Books

Aug 13, 2019
Hello guys, Brian here looking for your best suggestions for advanced modern card magic books. I’m well beyond basic sleight of hand, and I’ve spent many hours perfecting my techniques. What would you recommend? I’m specifically looking for books that have a lot of routines and tricks, not a lot of stuff about learning sleight of hand.

Jul 3, 2014
Take a look at “Lessons in Card Mastery” by Darwin Ortiz. I’ve only recently picked this up, and haven’t been through the whole book yet. From what I have read it is definitely beyond basic sleight of had. I believe it’s almost 300 pages. (I don’t have it in front of me, sorry.)

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
What books do you already have?

What are your favorite books?

Are you looking for routines to do close-up on a table, close-up in the hands or standing in front of a group?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Let's start with Card College -- If you don't have the set, you should. The teaching and effects are top notch.

For close-up in the hands, get the Art of Astonishment series.

For standing up in front of a group, get Drawing Room Deceptions.

For some really well crafted routines, get One Degree

Apr 3, 2019
Hello guys, Brian here looking for your best suggestions for advanced modern card magic books. I’m well beyond basic sleight of hand, and I’ve spent many hours perfecting my techniques. What would you recommend? I’m specifically looking for books that have a lot of routines and tricks, not a lot of stuff about learning sleight of hand.
If, by advanced, you mean challenging, and by that I mean true knuckle busting stuff, check out Earnest Earick's books. For less challenging card magic, but great effects, Drawing Room Deceptions is the way to go. If you're looking for a complete course in card magic, but with a lot of focus on the moves but also great routines, get RCT by Marlo. If all of this is a bit too advanced ( if you just finished with Hugard and Braue), and don't have card college, get it as soon as you can. Finally, for good, strong effects, you can never go wrong with Art of Astonishment by Paul Harris.
Since you specifically asked for effects in CARD magic, I heavily recommend Drawing Room Deceptions. Art of Astonishment has all kinds of effects with cards, bill changes, etc. I'd go with Reality One's post, though I don't have One Degree.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results