Making Card Cheat moves into performances.

Jan 16, 2014
California
These past few months I've taken to learning ways to cheat at cards (bottom deals, greek deals, 2nd bottom deals, false table shuffles cuts, variations of palming, deck switches, and card switches). But since cheating at cards is not something recommended by most people I've decided to create a performance or show out of the card cheats.

I have a few ideas on the flow or at least concepts i would like to show, but I'm unsure of one thing.
If I showed a move uncovered would it be exposure? or would it allow a deeper appreciation to the move?

I recently saw a video by Daniel Madison where he exposes moves but emphasizes it is not exposure.

All in all I'm looking for some ideas or story lines to a routine in card cheating that appeals to large audiences and if showing a move uncovered for a deeper analyzation would be appropriate.

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
Routines such as this are generally called gambling routines/demonstrations. From the few I've seen on the internet, they either explain the moves occurring, or you just go about dealing "god hands" until it occurs to the audience that you may be cheating.

P.S. Why did you write the Greek Deal and the Second Bottom deal separately? They're the same thing.

I wish you luck,
Peter.

Jan 16, 2014
California
Routines such as this are generally called gambling routines/demonstrations. From the few I've seen on the internet, they either explain the moves occurring, or you just go about dealing "god hands" until it occurs to the audience that you may be cheating.

P.S. Why did you write the Greek Deal and the Second Bottom deal separately? They're the same thing.

I wish you luck,
Peter.
Thanks! I recently saw Richard Turners To catch a cheat videos from the magic castle and his performance gave me a basis on what to do. And as for the greek deal and second deal, I confused them somehow what I intended to say was dealing with a foil card underneath the deck.

Jul 13, 2010
Darwin Ortiz, Jason England, Paul Wilson, Tony Cabral, John Carpenter have some great gambling routines with interesting plots. You may find some in their own books, DVDs or collections.
I would say Ortiz is a very good source and he has an entire chapter on gambling routines in most of his card magic related books (At the Card Table, Card Shark, Scams and Fantasies with Cards, Lessons in Card Mastery).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results