Multiple Coin Load

Feb 4, 2008
Hi all,

can anyone give me advice on making or buying a large scale coin loader? Specifically I need something that I can wear on stage during a lecture for about an hour, then load about 12 coins into my hands, probably half dollars at largest, quarters at smallest. It's for a production at the end of a lecture, and I don't particularly mind how it works or whether its a belt worn thing or something I hide in a lectern - any advice on preparing this stack of coins would be appreciated.

I have found the easiest way to pour a stream of coins out in my hand is to have them all in a stack and allow the stack to slip sideways, then control the rate of fall with the side of my thumb as I purse my hand. Anything is good as long as it will let me load them into my hand in one complete stack. Any advice appreciated.

Horus

Hi all,

can anyone give me advice on making or buying a large scale coin loader? Specifically I need something that I can wear on stage during a lecture for about an hour, then load about 12 coins into my hands, probably half dollars at largest, quarters at smallest. It's for a production at the end of a lecture, and I don't particularly mind how it works or whether its a belt worn thing or something I hide in a lectern - any advice on preparing this stack of coins would be appreciated.

I have found the easiest way to pour a stream of coins out in my hand is to have them all in a stack and allow the stack to slip sideways, then control the rate of fall with the side of my thumb as I purse my hand. Anything is good as long as it will let me load them into my hand in one complete stack. Any advice appreciated.

Horus

im not going to put too much on a open forum so pm me for more info.

you can tie a stack of coins together with thread to keep them quiet. the easiest way is to steal the stack from under a table or if you have something the stack can hide behind.

there are various methods of body loads as well, but with out misdirection it could be seen.

i think in that enviroment hiding the stack under/on/or behind somthing on a table would be ideal

Sep 6, 2007
Try a coin gondola

Hi Horus,

I know you asked this a while ago but, if you're still looking, I think a coin gondola will do exactly what you need. I purchased one here http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=168 It holds 8 half dollars, although it holds more barber halves or palming coins, and it dumps them silently as a stack into your hand.

Dave

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Check out my review of Session by Joshua Jay. There is an effect in that book that loads about 20 quarters into his hand, and is completely invisible. However, it may not go along with the theme of the effect you're performing.

//Session- The Review//

Feb 4, 2008
Thanks for the suggestions guys - actually I bought a coin gondola from viking a couple of weeks ago, and as it happens i'm going to be making my presentation in which I'll use it in bout an hour :D My first real magic "stage" performance, so think happy thoughts for me :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results