Muteness in XCM

Feb 23, 2008
Houston
www.myspace.com
Hey everyone I feel kinda dumb asking but why is there no talking in all the "tutorial" videos of XCM moves and everything? I just don't understand why they never talk to explain the moves instead of having text appear at the bottom of the screen or they just try to point out what fingers to use. I personally think it'd be 100 x easier to teach people if they talked in the video. However I'm just starting in flourishing so I'm not knowledgable in it, so is it part of the art not to talk or just people's preferences?

hmm i cant speak for everyone, but for me its a time thing... i could go on and on explaining every little detail on a specific flourish and why im holding a packet/card/deck in a certain manner and i end up with a 20 min video on a single move, which is WAY to long for a single flourish explanation. the reason i record slowly and put text is so that i can concentrate on the move and the angle of the filming and after words put text to explain whats going on. all the little things ( like the position of the fingers on the packet/deck) can be seen through the video. but thats just me .. i dont know about the others.

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
To me its really hard to explain in words, how to do specific flourishes. Its easier just to watch, your mind has less to think about. Studies have also proven that most spoken language is not the bulk of communication.

-Cyrus

Aug 31, 2007
UK
Essentially Brian Tudors explanation style is essentially the way all magic should be tough. Essentially Brian Tudor is a great magician which essentially means he teaches his essential magic well.

+1 to whoever gets the reference.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results