My effect, feedback appreciated

Mar 22, 2008
New York
I've been doing a routine for a while now, performed it several times and its always fried people. This is how my 2 phase routine plays out. The spectator selects and signs a card and an indifferent card is placed into the spectators wallet. The performer takes and clearly shows the spectators signed card (spectator can even handle the card, it IS their card!) in a flash the signed card changes into the indifferent card originally placed in the spectators wallet. The spectator then removes his wallet (the magician goes nowhere near the spectator) and then removes his signed card from inside his own wallet. The 2nd phase of the routine continues the impossible. The spectator (yes I said Spectator) tears their own signed card into pieces. The spectator tears the card so they know that it has genuinly been torn, however the magician takes the card and fully restores it, then gives the card back as a souvinier.

There are no gimmicks with this routine, there is only about a 10 second
set-up (if that). On top of that, its not very difficult to do and could be adapted for other routines/effects. I have used this as a closure for my performances for the past few years, maybe I'm ready to release it to the magic community.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks everyone!

Dec 3, 2007
Denmark
To me the handling of cards in the spectators hands sounds nearly impossible to me. The way you describe the spectator is able to handle their own signed card, and the magic which is happening afterwards.

I would love to see it released, as I really like these simple and hard hitting effects. My own repetoire consist of effects just like what you described, so I am very interested indeed.

Could you post a demo? I would like to see it before I believe it.

Mar 22, 2008
New York
Yes, the spectator handles their own signed card, and tears their own signed card themself. If i ever get my video camera back (had to send it in on for warrenty repairs) i will deffinitely post a demo video for you guys to see.

Mar 22, 2008
New York
The reason I'm bringing this up is because I would like to release it, and I would like feedback from people to see who would be interested in purchasing it, and if I did release it, Theory 11 would be my first choice, i would rather publish it on here rather than anywhere else. Any comments from moderators or staff members would be greatly appreciated as well.

Dec 3, 2007
Denmark
Maybe you should start selling it as a PDF manuscript via Paypal etc. first, as it is easy to make and produce. I would definately buy it then.

Other magicians such as Luke Jermay and Daniel Madison uses that kind of marketing to promote themselves to the undeground community. If you look around at the Cafe, it is very common to introduce an effect that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Sounds like a powerful routine.

From the description it sounds like a well known method that has been out there for years. I wouldn't recommend selling it before you make sure it is really something new.

Mar 22, 2008
New York
I have never come across/heard of this method before and I have been doing magic for quite some time. Ineski, feel free to PM me or something and we can go into a little more detail.

Sep 1, 2007
Sounds like a powerful routine.

From the description it sounds like a well known method that has been out there for years. I wouldn't recommend selling it before you make sure it is really something new.

Actually most of the effects on this site use old principles or known moves/gimmicks. I think you should certainly submit a video (please make it clear and do it to real people) and then see how that goes. The effect sounds awesome and I would be interested in getting it. T11 would totally super hype the effect so you could get quite a bit of cash. Good stuff.

Juan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results