My Erdnase Variation

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys, I bought a new camera and have decided to film and share some of my ideas. In the magic I perform I tend to make small changes and create subtleties instead of trying to make large changes at once. Naturally things start to look less and less like their original, and I think this is true for changes I've made to the Erdnase classic color change.

I've decided to share this change for free, along with my future releases- although I'll never turn down a donation, but I know that people are tight for money these days, so I've starting making videos where you can just pay what you can, if you think it's worth anything.

I hope you guys like it. It's my gift to the magic community, and I hope you accept it and use it.

Thanks,
Austin

http://vimeo.com/47198473

[video=vimeo;47198473]http://vimeo.com/47198473[/video]

PW: SW

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Really cool idea, I wouldn't have known it was an Erdnase if you hadn't already specified. I'll definitely be using this. Love the Primavera deck by the way, love the set.

May 6, 2012
A nice tip would be to bow the double in a convex arc. This will make the pushing action easier

Sep 1, 2007
Really cool idea, I wouldn't have known it was an Erdnase if you hadn't already specified. I'll definitely be using this. Love the Primavera deck by the way, love the set.

Thanks man! I hope you get mileage out of it, I use it all the time.
The decks are easily the sexiest ever printed haha

Leadsl said:
A nice tip would be to bow the double in a convex arc. This will make the pushing action easier
Yes! That's a tip I sort of kinda maybe left out. My decks are naturally bowed that direction so I tend to leave things that that out.

Jebzy

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Latvia
Why you don't upload videos in YouTube? because in my opinion YouTube are much easier and better for video. I can't watch this video, because vimeo show me that this video are private. Actually vimeo never show me videos. :(

Sep 1, 2007
It's Ok
Thank Austin Fields Not me

Even though I don't think that this is his variation because I saw it Long time before On youtube

Thanks for helping to clear up the Vimeo thing. Vimeo has much better quality uploads and looks much more elegant when embedded, especially on my website ;)

As for the originality of the change, there are variations that look similar- they are all credited in the video. As far as I know the only person to use the exact same method independently created the move after I did. I contacted that person on themagiccafe and received their permission to publish the move- after I proved I created the move first.

I have been performing and developing this version for about 4-5 years now, if you can find any sources of this being published before please let me know- I have exhausted all of my crediting sources and couldn't find anything.

Sep 1, 2007
You can check here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQd_Bz3x_Ko

& Thank you for the tutorial :)

You're very welcome! Always trying to advance the art.

The video looks like he could be using the method described in Heirophant. He doesn't seem to be using a pulling action like mine does, the pushing action is the same it seems.

Also, the video was posted last year, even if it were identical I published mine at least 3 years ago, and again two years ago.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results