My FIRST EVER Gilded Deck!

Aristotilean

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2018
I love gilded decks. Have a gold Butterfly marked deck that is fantastic. That being said, I can totally see why theory11 wouldn’t want to get into the gilding business. It’s a massive quality control headache that often generates MANY unusable decks. Typically requires a different stock than theory11 uses which means a lot of costly experimentation. And then you’re adding a massive premium onto the retail price. With piracy already costing $20, a gilded deck would probably be $30 minimum, and I think that might clash with the theory11 model of affordable luxury.

All that being said, a gilded gold monarch limited release would be INSANE.

Reactions: Caleb the Magician

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
This is just my personal opinion, but I really don't see the point of gilded decks. Other than being shiny edges, they don't really serve a purpose or make handling any better. Like Aristotilean said, quality control headaches, and very expensive to produce for no real benefit. To me, it just seems like the hot trend/gimmick right now to sell gilded decks in small quantities at a super high premium to collectors just because they'll buy it. I don't see why any everyday joe would want to fork out some series cash for a deck like that when they can get a better handling deck for $9.95-$12.95. Even if they want all the foil imaginable on the cards themselves (front and back) and foil all over and inside the box itself, I'll take a Piracy deck that checks all those boxes for $19.95.

I think the situation has to be right to do a gilded version and it really has to make sense for us to want to do it; we don't want to slap gilded edges on a deck and call it a day, that's just not what we do. Obviously can't rule stuff like gilded edges out for the future because this is just my personal take, but definitely more power to people that enjoy gilded edges, it's just not my cup of tea.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results