My New Website

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
Hey guys, I just put up my website which is www.davidreichelt.com
I'd like to get some feedback on what you think is good and bad about it,
so I can tweak it even more. It's going to be pretty basic for now till I can either
pay someone to or learn how to make it snazzier in the future. I know what I like and probably won't change, but I'd like to know what impression it leaves on you. Obviously I'm going for a slightly mysterious tone, but I'm trying to do it in a classy way as opposed to a cheesy way. so I hope that I have transmitted that clearly. Thanks!

Sep 1, 2007
It's lookin' good so far. The pictures are really cool. It's definitely on its way to being a really cool site.

Sep 6, 2007
IMO I wouldn't book you for a wedding or a cocktail party. You are wearing a beanie and sneakers. It makes you come off as kid and it doesn't seem very professional. I would lose the beanie and sneakers and then it would be fine.

I am just going off a psychological perspective, but if I had a wedding and was looking to book a band, I would book one that looked like professionals, not ones who wore suits, sneakers, and beanies in their promo.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I'd make some suggestions, take em as you want em.

First off, you have your own domain, you should make your email address one from your website: me@davidreichelt.com, or something similar. It makes people have more faith in you. There is also a tad too much blank space on the pages.

I do web design on the side. Something I just got done with recently is http://www.amilparra.com. Granted, the guy gave me the art he wanted me to use :p

Shoot me a PM and maybe I can help ya out.

-ThrallMind

IMO I wouldn't book you for a wedding or a cocktail party. You are wearing a beanie and sneakers. It makes you come off as kid and it doesn't seem very professional. I would lose the beanie and sneakers and then it would be fine.

I am just going off a psychological perspective, but if I had a wedding and was looking to book a band, I would book one that looked like professionals, not ones who wore suits, sneakers, and beanies in their promo.

I dont think he's gonna show up at a wedding in a beanie and sneakers.My guess is he's gonna dress rather approprietly for the event.

Although i do see where your comming from when you say that.

P.S the site does look very good, just like others said a little more content would be good.

Sep 6, 2007
I dont think he's gonna show up at a wedding in a beanie and sneakers.My guess is he's gonna dress rather approprietly for the event.

Although i do see where your comming from when you say that.

P.S the site does look very good, just like others said a little more content would be good.

Yeah, I am sure he would dress appropriately. However, people's first impressions are based off physical appearance. If he wants wedding and cocktail gigs, then he will have an easier time if he is dressed properly in his pictures. Dressing nice just makes one seem like they are more professional and that is always a good thing when you want any type of job.

Aug 31, 2007
California
Well,

You really want it to look professional. So you want it to look professional, but also add your own touches to it, to show who you are and what you do.

Also, add a section that talks about what type of magic you do, what your prices are depending on the situation, where you have performed for before, and maybe some reccomendations from previous clients.

You want something that is appeasing to your clients, not to other magicians, so keep that in mind.

Also, I think you have a bit too many photos on the home page. It kind of jumbles everything up to a big blob.

Keenan

Oct 14, 2007
Burbank, CA
In Response To Everyone

Thank you very much for all the tips guys!! I take all praise and criticism into consideration because I think it's all valid. I definitely wouldn't show up to a wedding in a beanie and sneakers; that's just the look I have when it's a casual setting; I do have a suit and tie outfit for more formal occasions. I definitely am going to make some of the changes to my site that you all suggested, but due to the fact that I'm very dumb when it comes to websites, it might take me a while unless I can get help. I do like the idea of the grungy font, but I really want to keep my site as clean and simple as possible. I was actually wondering if I had too many photos on the home page, so I might try to clean that up as well. After I do this hollywood party on Sunday, I'm going to put up a picture gallery and a testimonials page, so that potential clients can see me actually performing for people. Other than that I suppose I'll think of things to add as time goes by. Anyway thanks again!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results