Need help with Lennert Green Top Shot

Sep 1, 2007
I kinda need some advice and tips for the lennert green topshot. Sometimes more than one card shoots out as I do the move.
Anything I'm doing wrong that makes this happen? Any advice is welcomed.

Nov 1, 2007
I kinda need some advice and tips for the lennert green topshot. Sometimes more than one card shoots out as I do the move.
Anything I'm doing wrong that makes this happen? Any advice is welcomed.

I think that u should apply more pressure to the card with ur thumb and index finger.

Sep 5, 2007
Cyprus
just a little tip from me... move your index finger lower so that it doesnt get in the way of the shooting card

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
just a little tip from me... move your index finger lower so that it doesnt get in the way of the shooting card

That makes no sense, the whole point is that the index finger does get in the way, that is what propels the card along with the impulse from your little finger.

Use a slightly worn in deck as well, that may help. Apart from that.... practice and you will get it eventually.

Sep 1, 2007
When you're gripping the deck (should know what the grip is), try having the fingers more on the edge than hang over the top. Practice pulling the card (with the appropriate finger) off one by one, then focus on shooting it out.

Sep 5, 2007
Cyprus
That makes no sense, the whole point is that the index finger does get in the way, that is what propels the card along with the impulse from your little finger.

Use a slightly worn in deck as well, that may help. Apart from that.... practice and you will get it eventually.

Of course pressure on the deck must be applied from the index finger too but when you have it high....(like over the deck), the shooting card will be trapped by it

I am applying pressure more from the side edge of the deck..

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
Of course pressure on the deck must be applied from the index finger too but when you have it high....(like over the deck), the shooting card will be trapped by it

I am applying pressure more from the side edge of the deck..

Ah I see what you mean, I assumed he knew the grip anyway so I didn't think that would be an issue. Sorry.

Sep 2, 2007
actually I posted something similar to this at decknique and i've almost got this down perfectly.

First of all you MUST only hold the deck with your thumb and index finger.

you put your pinky so the edge of the finger is at the end of the border of teh design.

You only need very little pressure from the thumb or pinky.

last you must catch some of the card when extending the pinky and all finger's, especially the pinky, must be extended as far as they can.

Hope this helped

Sep 1, 2007
Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

I usually get one card, but I'd say 3 times out of 10 I'd get 2 cards or more to shoot out.
I don't think it's got to do with the pressure, but more with my pinky because my pinky sometimes pivots more than one card, and thats what's causing the two cards to shoot out.

I keep practicing now. Again, thanks for all your help.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results