Need some more information

Oct 25, 2008
Norway
After looking at threads as "What are the best no setup street magic card tricks?" and " Top 5 Impromptu Card Tricks?" on the forums, I've put together a list of some of the tricks I would like to learn. But my problem is that many of them have no credits on who invented them or where to learn them. So if anyone could give me more detailed information on these tricks, it would really be at great help to me!

Be Honest, Where Is It - Eddie Fechter
Among The Discards
Punk'd - Kevin Ho
Serendipity
Bad Influence - Daniel Madison
That's It - Eddie Fechter
Cinders
Broken Wings
Cold
Edge - Justin Miller
Closed Open Prediction - Troy Hooser
Time Machine - Steve Freeman
Back to basics - Peter Harrison

I've got some names on some of the tricks, but no references on where to learn them. And some of the tricks I don't got any name at all. So I would really appreciate it if anyone got any information that can help me learn these tricks! I don't expect to get detailed information on them all, but learning just one or two from this list is better than nothing!

To all of you that answers me - thank you very much! :)

Jan 31, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Among The Discards - Simon Aaronson, His first DVD
Punk'd - Kevin Ho, Smooth Operations Book
Bad Influence - Daniel Madison, Dangerous Disc 1

And If your looking for totally impromptu or almost impromptu effects I reccomend

Back in Time (In the Hands Triumph) - Joshua Jay, Close-up Up Close Vol 3
Subway (In the Hands Transpo) - Dan and Dave Buck, The Trilogy Disc one or the 1 on 1 on Theory11
Branded (Blister Effect) - Tim Trono
Parrallel (Just Crazy) - Wayne Houchin/Daniel Garcia, UltraGaff Disc 2
Dont Feed The Playing Cards (Rubberband/Card Magic) - Jay Sankey, Sleight of Hand Secrets with Playing Cards

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
Serendipity is an Alex Elmsley trick - not sure if it's the one you're talking about though. Can be found in his Collected Works by Steven Minch.

Basically a story is told about three brothers from Serendip which are jacks and how they have an amazing ability to find things before they're lost.

Three jacks are put aside and two random cards are chosen by the spectator to be mystery cards, you then interlace those two mystery cards inbetween the jacks and then place the jacks sticking out in your pocket so that everybody can see them.

The spectator then chooses another two cards to be the treasure and signs them across the face. The cards are lost back into the deck, the jacks are then brought out and shown nothing fishy has happened and the two cards are still interlaced in between them, you snap your fingers and take out those two mystery cards and they turn out to be the two signed cards picked AFTER the mystery cards were put away.

That's pretty much it, it's a mindboggling paradox and pretty strong for an impromptu trick.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Just about anything can be Impromptu if you are good. If the trick requires a 10 card setup, you could simply cull the cards to where you need them and them proceed with the trick. Hell just watch Lennard Green perform. His magic often uses a full deck set up, yet he's able to set all that up right in front of people.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results