New trick tell me what you think

Jan 14, 2008
Imagine after doing a couple of card tricks or coin effects the magician says he is tired of card tricks and takes out his cell phone. The magician then asks the spectator if they know what speed dial is. The magician says speed dial is a fast way of calling someone. For instance instead of dialing seven numbers, that person would only need to hit one. The magician scrolls down his contacts to show each name to be completely different, to show that there not all one name. He then shows an example of speed dial .The magician types in the number four to show that the name amber comes up. Keep in mind it does not have to be the number four or the name amber. It can be anything you want. After showing a couple examples of speed dial, the magician takes out a sealed prediction and hands it to the spectator along with the cell phone. The magician instructs the spectator to think of any number between one and twenty. It does not have to be one to twenty it could be one to fifty. Here is the best part, the spectator can think of any number. Let’s say they say the number seventeen. The magician tells the spectator to open up the cell phone and type in the number seventeen and see what name comes up. Let’s say the name Jim comes up, he tells the spectator to open the prediction that he has been holding the whole time to find out that it’s an exact match, and the magician has done a mind Miracle.
This effect can be done anywhere at anytime, all you need is a cell phone.

I think it's good.

I came up with two variations for this trick with your cell phone only. There's only one disadvantage for this trick, after you done this trick to someone and he/she ask you to do it to their phone. that's sucks. I would kill myself if they ask me that.

Keep up the good work.

Nov 22, 2007
I don't think it's powerful at all. If they wrote down the prediction name or whatever, and you did the acidus novus and with patter got it into the phone, it'd be good. But the fact that YOU wrote the prediction and it's YOUR phone, I, as a spectator, could easily just think "Oh he made it so every number I press says the same name that I didn't get to write down".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results