Newbie wrestling with Roadrunner Cull

Jan 23, 2023
I'm a complete newbie with cardistry--became interested when I saw Asi Wind perform his Double Exposure on TV. Right now, I'm wrestling with learning the Roadrunner Cull. I find that when I come across the card I want to cull, when I place my thumb on the card that precedes it (in order to cull the card just below it), those two cards tend to stick together, making it difficult to slide the desired card. Also, it's so challenging to spot the desired card as I'm spreading in enough time to cull it.

Tips and pointers welcome!

Thanks.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
I'm a complete newbie with cardistry--became interested when I saw Asi Wind perform his Double Exposure on TV. Right now, I'm wrestling with learning the Roadrunner Cull. I find that when I come across the card I want to cull, when I place my thumb on the card that precedes it (in order to cull the card just below it), those two cards tend to stick together, making it difficult to slide the desired card. Also, it's so challenging to spot the desired card as I'm spreading in enough time to cull it.

Tips and pointers welcome!

Thanks.
Try a newer deck. Old cards tend to clump together. Decks with slicker finishes are also easier for practicing culling. I like the Aristocrats because of this. The problem is for the moment you can't find them, at least in red and blue, until the reprint them. As far as spotting the proper card, you just need to go slower, at least at first.

Jan 23, 2023
Try a newer deck. Old cards tend to clump together. Decks with slicker finishes are also easier for practicing culling. I like the Aristocrats because of this. The problem is for the moment you can't find them, at least in red and blue, until the reprint them. As far as spotting the proper card, you just need to go slower, at least at first.
------
Wow, I just tried a random brand new deck, and you're right... no stick. Thanks.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
------
Wow, I just tried a random brand new deck, and you're right... no stick. Thanks.
Glad it worked. It's not you, it's the cards!

You should post any further questions in the magic forum. Cardistry is flourishes and such. The magic forums also have more traffic and your post is more likely to be seen.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results