One card to double lift sleights

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
Anyone knows how to invisibly turn one card into the double lift? I mean you show the card, and then you do the sleight so you can do the double lift with the card you have shown. I know one sleight, don't know how it's called, but to be honest there is no finesse in it. Also, body turnover isn't the solution for me. There are got to be another methods. Help, please?

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
undercover switch as stated above

orbit control

in the book By Forces Unseen there is a move used in the trick Proteus that secretely reverses the top card (like a body turnover) but the deck is in your hands in plain view after a card is selected from a spread and outjogged.

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
undercover switch as stated above

orbit control

in the book By Forces Unseen there is a move used in the trick Proteus that secretely reverses the top card (like a body turnover) but the deck is in your hands in plain view after a card is selected from a spread and outjogged.
Don't like undercover switch. I can do orbit control, but I just can't understand how to use it as an adding one card to the top action. Just placing the indifferent card in the middle of the deck in front of spectators' eyes? Obviosly that action isn't motivated. Gotta check out that book, but I think that the sleight I don't know name of is the same you were describing. Any other solutions?

Sep 1, 2007
Windmill change should do the trick - going back to basics there's also the KM move of course.

I would point out that usually, having to turn a single into a double is a sign of structure that could be improved. Going back to the drawing board on your effect and elminating the need for a double, or finding a way to naturally create a double, is more of a safe bet.

Cheers,
David.

Feb 17, 2010
Moscow, Russia
Can't believe it took 8 replies for someone to finally mention this.^^
One of the coolest sleights ever.

Or, depending on how you double lift, you could top change it.
Yes! That's it! I use that move a lot, it turns over the second card from the top, and requires a little bit of misdirection. plus there's no finesse in it.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
EDIT::: I feel dumb for not remembering this, I don't use the KM for this, but it is, in fact, a beautiful option.

In terms of changing one card for another, or making a single card a double...Top change is an option, if you have Earl Nelson's Variations you could use the Slow Motion Top change (one of my favorites).

Depending on when this move is being used you could use Josh Jay's Discreet Displacement. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Anyone knows how to invisibly turn one card into the double lift? I mean you show the card, and then you do the sleight so you can do the double lift with the card you have shown. I know one sleight, don't know how it's called, but to be honest there is no finesse in it. Also, body turnover isn't the solution for me. There are got to be another methods. Help, please?

It would be exposure to give the method.

Thanks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results