One handed top palm?

Dec 5, 2007
Hello everyone :)

I have been trying to get the one handed top palm down but i have alot of problems with it. Does anyone have any overal advice on it?

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Keep working at it and it will finally click. Make sure your hand is in the right position, your fingers are in the right spot. Keep practicing, I can guarantee it will be one of your favorite sleights when you finally get it.

-Cyrus

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
It's finding how to do it for you I find. Remember to push forward on the card first, to get the clearance for it to "pop-up" into the palm.

I have smaller hands than most so I also squeeze my fingers over the front of the deck a little, I have no idea how that helps but it helps me :D

- Sean

Sep 1, 2007
Don't make two seperate moves out of it. (Out jogging with the pinky THEN gripping it in the palm) Do both at once.

Sep 5, 2007
Cyprus
i have some problems with the move too. the card pops out to the right, i am trying to move my ring finger forward so that it doesnt act like a pivot point but i cant, any tips on that?

anyway i prefer using the diagonal shift palm, it is an amazing move (John Carney on palming -> great dvd)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 28, 2007
Hello everyone :)

I have been trying to get the one handed top palm down but i have alot of problems with it. Does anyone have any overal advice on it?

It takes a lot of time but is well worth it. I dont use the 2 handed palm any more. Just take your time and get used to the moves.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results