Organization

This is something I cannot stress enough.

Magic, is like any other hobby, art, or education. You have to be organized in order to be a good magician. If you can't find your tricks, books, DVD's, gimmicks, supplies, or anything else you need for your magic, your screwed.

2 years ago, I was the most disorganized person I knew. I was so disorganized that I thought I had lost numbers upon numbers of magic items but it wasn't until I moved out of my house that I actually found those items. After that point, I knew it was time to get organized.

Not only did my new found organization help me in my magic, but it helped me at school and in my personal life. My marks shot up from last year, and I was never late for any social gathering with my friends... (Social gathering? :p)

I don't want to see anyone lose their magic and mess up a performance because they are disorganized. There are many ways to get organized for magic:

Tips:
-Sort your magic, make boxes for different types of magic or items. (Shoe Boxes or chests work the best.)
-Clean the room where your magic is kept.
-Keep the boxes in a place where you will remember where they are.
-Keep the boxes together.
-Label the boxes.

These tips will help you get organized.

I know people who have lost hundreds of dollars worth of magic due to disorganization, and I don't want it happening to you.

Get organized, and magic will be simpler.

Mitchell

I agree i have been spending a lot on decks and half lost about 20$ on decks i have lost i still dont know where they are i decided to put them in boxes and hide them undeer my bed incase someone tries to take them (lol) i konw 20 bucks doesnt seem like alot but as a kid with few ways to make money its enough to make realize i need to fix something

I keep all my cards on my computer desk in a box of bicycle cards (came in a box of 9 from Costco), and the rest of my "equipment" to the side of my desk in a cardboard box. I want to find someone who sells suitcases that are specifically made for holding cards and such or just one specified for magic so I can find stuff easily and it would be convienient to bring to gigs.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
It's good to hear that everyone has their special place for magic items. Mine used to be on my decks but, recently I've started getting to many items and decks of cards so I've had to move them on the floor but they still look organized. :D

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
A nice point. This doesn't go just for magic either. As Mitchell said, the more you're organized the more you will achieve. School, work, socially... the more effort you put into keeping on top of things, the easier your life will be.

Keep your notes on magic organized too. Folders, individual notebooks on sleights, routines etc. Computer files are a great way of keeping things in order. The more they are in some kind of system, the easier it will be to write in them and the easier it will be to use them effectively.

Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
This is a good idea, I actually bought the Ellusionist messanger bag a while back and thats where I keep all of my things. But, I found that I'm going to have to find either a bigger bag or a better way to keep my stuff safe and secret. I'm thinking about looking for a chest because with everything I have, I'm running out of room. With the arrival of Distortion and my Gaurdian deck tomarrow...it's going to be a tight fit. After Rocky the Raccoon comes...then I'm in trouble.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy chests?

Thanks,

Shane K.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
This is a good idea, I actually bought the Ellusionist messanger bag a while back and thats where I keep all of my things. But, I found that I'm going to have to find either a bigger bag or a better way to keep my stuff safe and secret. I'm thinking about looking for a chest because with everything I have, I'm running out of room. With the arrival of Distortion and my Gaurdian deck tomarrow...it's going to be a tight fit. After Rocky the Raccoon comes...then I'm in trouble.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy chests?

Thanks,

Shane K.

Go to..... Staples
get the alluminum brief case.

*Yes like the spys*
Works amazingly

MY E bag is my backpack now.

I love the e bag.

~Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results