Original or adapted concept? Publish or not?

Jul 17, 2013
I recently came up with a color change that I (believe) is my own take on a classic concept, and I've never seen anyone do it this way, but I'm really not sure if anyone has ever used this before, so I was wary of publishing it on The Wire. It's an adaption of the shake change, and I was wondering if there was anyone who would be willing to consult with me about it.

baguette

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2013
Steps to undertake and think about:

1.Everything is not about the wire.
2.Demo video please then someone will be able to contact you.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
If your thoughts include, "I recently came up with" then it's not something you should publish. Work with it for at least a year of regular performances so that you know if it's actually any good for an audience and you work out the kinks that inevitably come from performing material in front of a real audience.

May 6, 2013
www.Ibimania.com
Dear thread starter,
A lot of color changes in the market are variations of their predecessors like Shapeshifter. The DVD from E is based on a variation of a written one that is acknowledged in the DVD.

Before you publish, find a magician (not a layman), who does not know the shake change. perform Shake change for him and then your variation. If he thinks they are the same, then no need to publish it, the industry has it. If he thinks it is different, then go ahead, publish it.

Nov 24, 2013
Dear thread starter,
A lot of color changes in the market are variations of their predecessors like Shapeshifter. The DVD from E is based on a variation of a written one that is acknowledged in the DVD.

Before you publish, find a magician (not a layman), who does not know the shake change. perform Shake change for him and then your variation. If he thinks they are the same, then no need to publish it, the industry has it. If he thinks it is different, then go ahead, publish it.

What magician doesn't know what the shake change is?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
That will be the hard part for the original poster to do; find a magician who does not know shake change.

That person probably isn't actually a magician. Unless they are the rare breed that has managed not to learn even the foundational techniques of card magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results