Preqel 2

Why do you post videos if you consider they suck? Theoretically you're wasting other people's time as well.
If you think of you work as crap you should consider taking on another hobby. Seriously.

Dec 18, 2010
Why do you post videos if you consider they suck? Theoretically you're wasting other people's time as well.
If you think of you work as crap you should consider taking on another hobby. Seriously.

This guy is looking for some support, and you sir have offered none.

@ AndrewC keep practicing mate, you got it.

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011

It was mainly just so I could make the video, which i think is decent. I just said the move sucked because I know it still needs ALOT of work and is nowhere near other people's, and I know some people on these forums will rage at you for being bad at a move, and I want them to know I am aware that its not that great.. If you would like me to say its a work in progress I can do that.

This guy is looking for some support, and you sir have offered none.
And one more line and the flash of enlightment hits us all:
@ AndrewC keep practicing mate, you got it.

As an extenstion of that tip, you should alternatively and gently breathe in and out while you are practicing - this way all your flourishes will look smoother because you prevent yourself from dying. And here's an image that goes with this kind of comments --> http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/JohnnyEsp123/funny pics/treepawn.jpg

It was mainly just so I could make the video, which i think is decent. I just said the move sucked because I know it still needs ALOT of work and is nowhere near other people's, and I know some people on these forums will rage at you for being bad at a move, and I want them to know I am aware that its not that great.. If you would like me to say its a work in progress I can do that.

How about taking the time necessary for perfecting a move and only then taking the time to make a video? Youtube is full of crappy performances and "drafts" because it has become an usual thing to shoot something after little practice and to ask for advice (as a cover for getting views, likes and ungrounded positive comments).

As Jason England said once, asking advice from random, annonymous people on the web is among the most unuseful and time consuming things you can possibly do. Instead of wasting hours to record and edit a bad show-off clip use the time to watch the tutorial and practice.

If you want a reference to a perfect Preqel watch the performance part of the official tutorial. That's why it has been included in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
And one more line and the flash of enlightment hits us all:

As an extenstion of that tip, you should alternatively and gently breathe in and out while you are practicing - this way all your flourishes will look smoother because you prevent yourself from dying. And here's an image that goes with this kind of comments --> http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/JohnnyEsp123/funny pics/treepawn.jpg

How about taking the time necessary for perfecting a move and only then taking the time to make a video? Youtube is full of crappy performances and "drafts" because it has become an usual thing to shoot something after little practice and to ask for advice (as a cover for getting views, likes and ungrounded positive comments).

As Jason England said once, asking advice from random, annonymous people on the web is among the most unuseful and time consuming things you can possibly do. Instead of wasting hours to record and edit a bad show-off clip use the time to watch the tutorial and practice.

If you want a reference to a perfect Preqel watch the performance part of the official tutorial. That's why it has been included in the video.

This is assuming cardistry is my main hobby. It isn't. Making videos like that is, and I actually did get real help from others when making it. I'm not sure if you saw my first preqel video. That was at 2 weeks of practice. I might make one at 2 months of practice just to show my progress. I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve by telling me to practice more. I am practicing at a rate that I want to. Hopefully knowing that cardistry is not my main hobby and the whole point was to make another video will help you understand. Give me a chance to help, even just HELP, in a feature film or get a Preqel down perfect and I will take helping with the film. I was bored, I needed something to shoot, and since I had made a video at 2 weeks of practice I decided one at 1 month would work. Apparently for you it doesn't, thats fine. The reason I picked vimeo wasn't for views or comments or likes, it was for the quality, which I prefer better. Does that mean I cant ask for advice still? I agree I hate people who do that for views, but thats not what I'm doing. I just wanted to test out some color grading techniques and get more experience making videos(yes, a 10 sec clip is experience). Just wondering though, what would you have said if I had wrote: This is my preqel after a month of practice. And nothing else?

Last edited by a moderator:
My advice is to completely master something before you ever think of posting it. You're trying to entertain with your flourishes, so wait until you know the actions front and back (I won't let myself do flourishes for audiences until I can do it with my eyes closed). No one wants to see you consistently drop your cards after you've explained you're doing a flourish that you can almost do, but not quite yet. The entertainment comes from the mastery of the cards, so practice, practice, practice before you perform. I hope that didn't sound to harsh, but I'm trying to make a point.

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
My advice is to completely master something before you ever think of posting it. You're trying to entertain with your flourishes, so wait until you know the actions front and back (I won't let myself do flourishes for audiences until I can do it with my eyes closed). No one wants to see you consistently drop your cards after you've explained you're doing a flourish that you can almost do, but not quite yet. The entertainment comes from the mastery of the cards, so practice, practice, practice before you perform. I hope that didn't sound to harsh, but I'm trying to make a point.

I completely agree with that. The first preqel vid was the show my progress at 2 weeks, this one was to show it at 1 month. At no point was it just to show an epic preqel that I could do. Just consider it videos documenting my progress with it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results