Problem Running Cards and Flase Counting...

Nov 13, 2010
Glendora, CA
Hey guys,
Off the title I think it's pretty straight forward what my problem is. It's really embarassing, I know considering how long I've already been into magic. It's not a serious problem, I mean I can run cards fine to an extent, but I'm not confident with it. So the problem isn't that I can't take a card off my (and I'm right handed in case you don't know) right hand portion into my left, but rather I can't take ONE card into my left hand 100% of the time. I don't know what it is. I've practiced as much as I could but I can't seem to get it. What will happen is during a G.W. Hunter shuffle (Card College Vol.2 pg 259) and I'll run what I think to be five cards. I look again and I've actually ran six. I honestly don't know what the problem is. I'm applying a good amount of pressure with my left thumb to the right hand stack, not too little and not too less. Could it be that I don't have a good enough grip on the cards? For further analysis: I've never, ever had dry hands. However, I have extremely soft hands as opposed to a male's natural somewhat rough hand texture. Could the stickiness of my thumb be an issue? This problem is also the same for false counting. I can't pull off a damn Elmsley Count without me licking my thumb all the time for a spectator. If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

- Mat

Jan 31, 2010
The problem could be your right hand's grip on the cards. If you hold too loosely, extra cards may slip when you try to run cards. Check the pressure being applied with your fingertips in particular.

Nov 29, 2008
If you are taking cards as in an elmsley count, try using your left index finger to gauge how many cards you are taking. Put it at the outer edge of the pack so that it will only let one card by each time you take cards from the deck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results