Problem with the revolver change

Dec 4, 2012
Hi there,

I'm about 8 hrs of practice into the revolver change by kelvin chow. I love this color change and the beautiful fluidity of the move when it is done well. Despite getting the mechanics down to a decent level (aka still only for my reflection but not dropping cards all the time) I have continually had issues with noise that i feel ruins the effect. I was wondering if this is just something that is a part of the sleight, if this is something that will be minimized as I get smoother, or if I'm making some errors in my mechanics that may be causing this. I don't want to reveal anything here so If you know what I'm talking about or need a further explanation of the issues I'm having please shoot me a pm. Thanks for your time.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The noise probably will always be there, but it will get quieter as you do it better. You've only done it for 8 hours. That's a drop in the bucket. Worry about problems when you've done it for at least 100 hours, because as you practice you'll subconsciously make minor adjustments.

Dec 4, 2012
Thanks, I just wanted to know before I invest all that time into this move if it is something I can use or not. I feel that if it is going to be as loud as it is at the moment that I wont ever use it outside of my house or for a magic buddy or two and so it wouldnt be worth 100 hours practice. Ill stick with it though and see what happens.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Everything seems louder at home in practice. Like Pure Smoke. It's really loud at home, but silent anywhere else unless it's completely silent and also a small space.

Sep 1, 2010
when learning a new sleight you're always gripping or doing the slieght very tightly in general. be more relaxed and the sound will be more quiet. i can do the colour change with 2 cards very well, once you get better you'll be more relax when doing it which will minimize the sound. but it's not much of an issue because the spectator cannot hear it when in an area with noise in the background

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results