Recommended Card Condition

Oct 26, 2014
Well I have been into flourishing for a while (4 months or so). My question is what card or deck condition is really good for card flourishing, specifically cuts? Whenever I buy a new deck of bikes, it feels really good and I practice my fans with it which I can do good with it. But doing cuts like sybil and its variations, j5, one handed cuts, molecules and some other cuts are really hard on them. I can only do those cut with normal broken in or used decks. And sometimes I feel a bit afraid that I will get used to old decks in flourishing but perform badly on new ones. Is the problem with my skills or too slippery decks are just not for cuts? Thanks :)

Nov 1, 2007
Well I have been into flourishing for a while (4 months or so). My question is what card or deck condition is really good for card flourishing, specifically cuts? Whenever I buy a new deck of bikes, it feels really good and I practice my fans with it which I can do good with it. But doing cuts like sybil and its variations, j5, one handed cuts, molecules and some other cuts are really hard on them. I can only do those cut with normal broken in or used decks. And sometimes I feel a bit afraid that I will get used to old decks in flourishing but perform badly on new ones. Is the problem with my skills or too slippery decks are just not for cuts? Thanks :)

Ideally the cards should be broken in. Cards that are properly broken in hold together better than brand new cards. However, you should be able to do most flourishes with cards of varying condition. Better to practice your flourishes with whatever deck you have lying around, be it new or old - being able to adapt is very important if you value borrowing a pack of cards and performing.

Cameron

Oct 28, 2014
Hello DanePiczon! I know what you mean, doing flourishes with new cards especially Bicycle is hard because of the slipperiness. A good deck would be Bicycle prestige. I found that since they are plastic they grip better. Also cards that have more ink will clump up fast and will be good for flourishing but this is just my opinion. Broken in cards are easier as well. I hope this helps and have a good day!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results