Restaurant gigs.

Nov 20, 2013
What are your tips to become a restaurant magician?

My favorites, don't pitch but give options to the owner. Make buddies with the owner or GM first. If you have another gig, invite the new lead to watch you at your other restaurant (paid tryout).

Some magic menu tips. Press kits. Targeting restaurants that cater to families, already has entertain (music), stress you are affordable.

Play with words below.

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
Answering your question and the way I understand it, and how I would approach is this: Don't approach the manager directly and ask for work there, as you will most likely get declined, reason being, often times these managers do not understand why it is they would want a magician working for them. Even if you give them a list of feasible reasons, they still won't see it.

Alternatively in order to get the managers attention, go to their restaurant with a large group of friends and just start performing, in doing so you will attract a large crowd and the staff will get curious and so will other people. Eventually the manager will become curious and once he/she sees you then you have the perfect opportunity to pitch the reasons to work there.

This shows the manager first hand what you're capable of and once hey are aware of our caliber it becomes easier to talk and discuss work possibilities.

Oh and if you're young, managers often assume that you're just some kid that does a couple tricks. Generally speaking. It just becomes harder.

Nov 20, 2013
Well said Formless. I heard this tip from David Stone back in the day. Although it has slipped my mind.

Also, I am not young, I just turned 28.

As for the feasible reasons.. you do have a point. Its kind of like you hearing a sales pitch.. Time will tell which method I choose.

I may start off doing a free magic show at a restaurant and not even ask for tips, but then invite other restaurant owners to the free gig trying to get payment from them.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results