Retaining a card in fingerpalm while folding two cards as one

Oct 25, 2008
Norway
Confusing title? Me too, but it was the best one I came up with.

My head startet spinning after learning «Torched and Restored by Brent Braun». I loved the impromptu feeling of it, and I believe it is one of the greatest TnR effects out there. But even though it's great, I kind of felt it had some drawbacks that didn't fit me and my style, so I sat down and started to looking for some ways to make it even more impromptu.

My idea, which I highly doubt is an original one (even thou I came up with it independently), is to be able to pick up two cards as one card, folding them in half twice (still apparently as one card), and be able to retain one of the cards i finger palm in the action of folding them. From the spectators view, it simply looks like you picked up there selected card, folded it twice and are now ready to go into the next phase of the trick.

I've been playing around with my own method, and it works ok. But I feel it's a bit clumsy, which gives away the clean display I'm looking for. (It is kind of similiar to the classic billet switch, but without the TT. But the difference is that you start with empty hands, and ends up with a folded card in finger palm, as mentioned earlier.)

So my question is: Do you know of any kind of switch/folding sequence like the one I'm trying to achieve? Cause I'm feeling I working too hard on something that I do believe already exists. If you do know of something like this, I would highly appreciate some directions to some good sources. :)

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Jon:

I have a idea how to do this, but I'm questioning the necessity. I'm not aware of anything published, but would be willing to share my idea with you via a PM. I don't know the effect you are working on. Can you just have a pre-folded card in finger palm... maybe having retreived it when you put a pen in your pocket?

Dec 29, 2011
I feel like there is a bill change somewhere that is more or less what you're looking for, instead of bills, use cards, one torn.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results