REVIEW: Copper Brass Silver - CBS by Paul Vigil

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Hi Michael,

Thank you again for another excellent review; you do great work!

That is well routined! Could you please let us know about the quality of the gaffed coins? I've had some different C/S/B sets in the past, (Tango, Johnson, etc.) and know that the feel and quality of the coins varies. This is usually most noticeable with how light the "brass and copper" coins can seem. How would you describe the provided gaffed set in terms of weight, durability, feel, etc.?

Scott.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Hi Michael,

Thank you again for another excellent review; you do great work!

That is well routined! Could you please let us know about the quality of the gaffed coins? I've had some different C/S/B sets in the past, (Tango, Johnson, etc.) and know that the feel and quality of the coins varies. This is usually most noticeable with how light the "brass and copper" coins can seem. How would you describe the provided gaffed set in terms of weight, durability, feel, etc.?

Scott.

Great question! The coins are pretty decent quality. I have definitely seen some terrible gaff CBS sets in my day and these were amongst the better quality ones. Not top their quality but considering that it is about $80 for the coin gaffs and a full routine to go along with it they are not terrible. Still kind of wish they included the non gaff duplicates to go with them but that would have prolly bumped this up to a $120 product so I appreciate them keeping the cost low while still providing a decent set of coins to work with.

The brass coin S**** is really light. I have not used the coins enough to know if they tarnish just yet. The S** & M*** coin looks great and the half dollar coin matches the gaff coin perfectly in terms of color and finish (tails side so no worry about dates.)

Hope this helps!

Reactions: scottbaird
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results