Saw by Sean Fields

I was extremely excited to receive this, after watching Gambit's video of it, I knew I just had to have this in my DVD player. So it arrives at my house, and I'm jumping for joy, and I prance to my room in a girlish manner. My mom and little sister looked at me like I had four heads. I dove onto my bed and ripped off the plastic, I then opened up the case and plopped the DVD into my PS2.

After getting through the FBI warning and the Danger page, the menu came on screen. To be honest, at first, it seemed a little confusing, but after staring at it for a good ten seconds, everything seems to make sense. The menu looks like everything is scattered all around, but in reality it is perfectly disorganized. It's disorganized in such a way, that it's organized. So I select the option SAW encased in a black box to watch the original version of SAW. I'm sitting there in awe at how realistic this looks. I honestly jumped up for joy, because this was the kind of bizarre effect I was looking for, and I now had it.

The basic effect of SAW is pure genious, the way it works is just so genious that it makes you want to cry. It literally looks like you are sawing it in and out of your neck, it's just so beautifully disgusting. I couldn't wait to saw a thread into my own neck.

After watching the basic routine, I moved onto Choke, which is a brilliant, you swallow a lifesaver, and rip it out of your throat, pure genious. Choke will require more practice than all of the other versions of SAW because it requires a sleight, a very minor sleight, but it must be done correctly to look as though you are ripping it out of your throat.

After Choke, I watched Suture, which is a disgusting way of pulling the thread out of one of the holes the thread made. I tried this one out in the mirror, and it just makes your stomach crawl up to your throat, yes, it's THAT disgusting.

I then watched Trachea, which is for those people who want to learn something along the lines of what Criss Angel did when he swallowed the thread and pulled it out of his stomach. Well, this is almost the same thing, but instead of pulling it out of your stomach, it visually comes out of your throat, pure vile genious.

The thing I like about Sean Fields is his teaching, it's so laid back, he doesn't spend twenty minutes delving into one aspect that you barely need to know, he just gets straight the point, and straight out of it, but does it in a way that it sinks in to the bone. You understand everything you need to do without watching the DVD a second time, thanks for your teaching Sean. He also teaches which thread to use, how long the thread needs to be, how not to hurt your skin, and so much more.

Bonus: The bonus on the SAW DVD is kind of hidden. It's not a blatent flashy sign screaming, LOOK OVER HERE, IT'S A BONUS, but you'll know when you see it. Sean teaches a nice quick opener to SAW that allows the performer to rip a thread from the back of his neck to the front. It's quite nice, and I can see myself using it before SAW.

All in all, I would recommend this to anyone looking to expand their repetoire and get away from the whole "regular" side of magic.

Mitchell

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Just be care ful when you do it.
the first few times it may leave a mark.
And dont do it right after shaving. Oh dear lord please dont do that.

But yes This dvd was fantastic. I got mine 2 days after it was released and i cant stop doing it!

Teaching style is fantastic.

Very Detailed.

Overall i give it a 10 out of 10

~Jordan

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I really love this trick. It seems so gross when you watch it, but once you learn it you come to find that the beauty of it is in the performance itself. Plus...Sean Fields is the creepiest looking guy to ever don a birthday hat.

Just scary...

Shane K.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I didn't like this trick because I didn't liek what it used to use the effect. The scent of it make me feel sick and I have a little story about this I am giong to tell.

I was performing it once and I went and did it and i finished the effect but like while they were flipping out I got sick, and started puking. They freaked out, in an odd sort of way.

Anyways I don't want to turn you away from the effect because it is a great illusion and the smell sin't that bad to my friends it is just me.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I didn't like this trick because I didn't liek what it used to use the effect. The scent of it make me feel sick and I have a little story about this I am giong to tell.

I was performing it once and I went and did it and i finished the effect but like while they were flipping out I got sick, and started puking. They freaked out, in an odd sort of way.

Anyways I don't want to turn you away from the effect because it is a great illusion and the smell sin't that bad to my friends it is just me.

They probably thought that it was part of the effect.
Man imagine how cool THAT would be...

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I use a different gimmick but it doesnt work too well because it looks like you have a black line through your throat. But that adds extra effect to that because you can actually see it in your neck.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I on't like to perform this as whats neeed irritates my skin, I do think it's a pretty goo effect though.
For the little while I di use it, I would borrow a ring and swallow it etc an have that get pulled through my throat.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results