Scotch and Soda Euro (Traditional)

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Scotch and Soda Euro (Traditional)

The Official Spam-

Effect 1

The magician shows a 50 cent and a 5 cent Euro in the left hand. He closes both hands and when he opens the left only the 50 cent coin can be found because the 5 cent coin has appeared in the right hand!

Effect 2

The magician shows a 50 cent and a 5 cent Euro and places them in the hand spectator. The magician then asks the spectator to put their hands behind their back and pass a coin without looking. Then he asks the spectator to open the hand with the 50 cent coin and amazingly, there is a 50 cent coin! But the magician opens his hand only to find a 1 cent coin! The 5 cent coin has vanished!!

Effect 3

The magician shows two coins; a 50 cent and a 5 cent Euro, and places them on a pad or tablecloth. He then waves his hand over them for but a second and uncovers them only to find one coin! When he lifts the pad/tablecloth, the 5 cent coin is revealed!!

Setup: 6/10

Setup for this effect is a breeze, although it can't be done near your spectators. It only takes about 15 seconds (at the absolute most), but can be a tad noisy (owners will know what I mean).

Difficulty: 4/10

This effect is very self-working, giving you plenty of wiggle room to work on your performance. All in all, the coins do all the work for you.

Reset: 6/10

The reset for this trick is essentially the same as the setup. It's very easy, but cannot be done near the spectators, because a) they will more than likely figure it out if they see the reset/setup and b) it can be noisy.

Price:
7/10

The price for this effect ($29.40) was a little more than I was expecting to pay. However, I was more than willing to pay this price. I was extremely satisfied with what I got, and I think the price is just right; cheap enough for the pros, expensive enough to keep away the YouTube kiddies.

Pros:

- You can perform many different effects with what you get.

- Completely self-working.

- Very, very hard-hitting.

-Packs small, plays big.

Cons:

- Setup can't be done near the spectators.

- The coins are Euros, not American coins (not a biggie, just a small, small, con).

Overall: 9/10

I would give it a 10/10, but I don't think anything I have ever bought is absolutely perfect in every way... and that includes this. The coins were a bit smaller than I was expecting, but that's all right. I look forward to actually trying this out on spectators tomorrow night (we're having a "party" at my house for the 4th of July).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results