Some tricks I've created

antoferra

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2014
Italy
I just wanted to share with you a short video of some original magic tricks. Feedbacks are appreciated. Enjoy:

Nov 10, 2014
Sorry, I thought they were (except for the flipstick move, the main effect is the increasing ink) Can you say which are not original?
Thank you
Personally I think I recognized a couple of them (but I am not 100% sure, also this chsd guy seems to only have 1 post that was actually encouraging and his one profile post is bashing the forum, not sure if we should listen to him.)

antoferra

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2014
Italy
Personally I think I recognized a couple of them (but I am not 100% sure, also this chsd guy seems to only have 1 post that was actually encouraging and his one profile post is bashing the forum, not sure if we should listen to him.)
Can you tell me which ones? (Even if you aren't sure)
I've noticed that he doesn't seem very friendly, thank you :)

Even if the concept isn't "original", the point of learning effects is to make them your own anyways. So even if these effects have already been created (a few of them I did recognize), I think it's fair game to use them in a performance since you have made them your own by adapting them to your performance style. Best of luck to you with your performances!

Mar 14, 2015
Washington
I feel like saying "original tricks" or "I made these" is always a sketchy area because magic is more about how you use the same material that's been around for years. The actual trick might not be original but many of your performances are new and a different take. Overall pretty good!

Reactions: antoferra

englandzilon

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
The best way now is to find those effect you created and study them. Look at what so good about yours and the person who also created something similar. Than from there think of a way to create something better than both of this, then i would say you created something.

Just like the An Unexpected Triumph by Magician Anonymous. I have seen people say they also created something similar. But the only good side is it has the color changing deck. So create something better than color changing deck. Maybe keep changing different kind of colors. Something like that.

cheers.

Reactions: antoferra

antoferra

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2014
Italy
The best way now is to find those effect you created and study them. Look at what so good about yours and the person who also created something similar. Than from there think of a way to create something better than both of this, then i would say you created something.

Just like the An Unexpected Triumph by Magician Anonymous. I have seen people say they also created something similar. But the only good side is it has the color changing deck. So create something better than color changing deck. Maybe keep changing different kind of colors. Something like that.
Yeah, that's true. I'll have to find some similar tricks.

Here there is a new video with three other effects I came up with. The third one is inspired by Sean Scott's "Rise"

And if you have time watch this trick idea; I still need more practice to fold the origami faster, but I think that it could become a quite strong effect. You could use it to make a trick that uses the mercury card fold even more impossible.

Nov 10, 2014
It's not. My wife has two signed card origami frogs, given to her by two different magicians on two separate occasions.

In fact, search for 'Frog Prince' by Michael Close. Same trick, same idea, much better handling.

Rev
Well, that is interesting...

antoferra

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2014
Italy
It's not. My wife has two signed card origami frogs, given to her by two different magicians on two separate occasions.

In fact, search for 'Frog Prince' by Michael Close. Same trick, same idea, much better handling.

Rev
Thanks, I will check that trick.

This is a new video with 4 ideas:
Refill: the ink inside a pen fills itself
Straw Change: a straw visually changes color.
Kappa: visual card color change
Static: an impromptu phase of a pen routine

Jun 13, 2013
I like that you enjoy creating things, even if the 'idea' is not 'original' though I really don't think that term is always relevant to magic in some cases. The thing I think you should start to focus on is what is the goal of all these effects? Just t be like look what I can do, or are you trying to prove something or what? The best part of people I have enjoyed watching invent magic are those that have a purpose for the desired effect.

I am a fan of Justification and maybe that's too a fault but it may prove useful to your creativity to put some of these effects into my justified scenarios. Most of these effects are very visual but if there is more to what you do it means a lot more to a spectator and will in my opinion vastly improve your creativity and how people then view your creations.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results