Stage vanish

C J

Nov 29, 2017
So im trying to close a show by having me and my partner vanish as the audience is blinded by a light for half a second. Any ideas?
Ps we have no trap doors.

Thanks

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
This is more RealityOne's area than mine but what is your stage set up going to be?

Do you have wings? A curtain? How much distance from where you'll be to where people can't see you? What kind of budget?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I think your best bet is a variation of an Asrah levitation. I'd substitute a table for the typical couch and have both of you sitting cross legged on the table. Pull table cloth over your heads (showing regular table top with nothing underneath), levitate, flash/bang, smoke (how about some shiny confetti?) and then the sheet flutters to the floor. Using some additional illusions, stagecraft and deception, you could then appear at the rear doors of the theatre. The key is to come up with a presentation that justifies the illusion.

C J

Nov 29, 2017
Thank you guys for the response. I’ll definitely make sure the performance justifies the vanish.

Mar 4, 2018
I would highly advise against using the method you suggested for a couple of reasons. A.) This would be very hard to pull off and very costly if it were to be done right. B.) If you get caught running off after the flash of light it will be the last thing your audience sees and ruin the show. C.) If the light triggers a seizure or harms someone's eyes not only would that reflect really bad on you but they may even try to sue. For these reasons I urge you to please look into other methods. I really like that you are thinking theatrically in how the closing of a magic act should look but please take caution in your methods.

If you would like some of my favorite ways to vanish that won't harm anyone please feel free to PM me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results