"Street"

This post didn't really possess a question or ask something.

It really doesn't matter if the term is "thrown around". is it going to hurt anyone if a magician does street magic when it might not be street magic? No

Being a street magician mean's you do magic while your out for people you don't know. You don't have to actually be on the street's. Or else it would be called "mall magic" or "park magic"

This thread is plain stupid

Responses like this aren't helping. I'll tell you what kind of post don't help. Listen carefully and take note. This is whats been burning me. Post that ask what are your favorite effects or what are your top 5 magicians. I posted a thread talking about routining for the actual working magician 3 days ago and do you know how many people responded? Two. That's real sad cause the importance of having a real discussion about something with real content is obsolete here and that shows me a serious lack of inexperience we have here. Now granted most you guys are young and are not working in the industry which proves my point anyways but the ones that are only want to discuss their favorite color. What does this have to do with this topic? Well why would you come on here claiming to be a magician and not discuss magic related views on working in the field. It's a serious lack of disrespect to those of us that actually devote our lifes to furthuring this career. It's all the same thing.

Shane

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
I guess some people really interpret Deryn's post in a wrong way. He's not trying to argue whether Street magic and close-up magic are a genre or not; he was trying to point out that some kids call themselves Street magician while they are really not qualified for that title, due to their lack of experiences.

And YES, those kids that Deryn described (okay, probably not only kids), are indeed irritating.

It's the same type of frustration you can get when a guy who practiced magic for 2 months and claims that he has invented a new trick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results