Subway Performance

Mar 26, 2008
Around
Nothing the slight was well done, just do it for a person. The idea of magic is that the magician fools his audience using the slight. In doing so the performer is able to entertain the spectator and all the while keeping him/her unaware of what is really happening.

I think that we as magicians are really missing the boat when it comes to performing if we do not offer our tricks to an audience.

I understand that performing for a camera is not a bad thing but we can all agree that there is more to a trick than just learning the slight. You have to know how to sell it to a real person.

I would love to see some more real performance videos getting posted, even if it is your sister, brother, wife, or kids.

Joe

Nothing the slight was well done, just do it for a person. The idea of magic is that the magician fools his audience using the slight. In doing so the performer is able to entertain the spectator and all the while keeping him/her unaware of what is really happening.

I think that we as magicians are really missing the boat when it comes to performing if we do not offer our tricks to an audience.

I understand that performing for a camera is not a bad thing but we can all agree that there is more to a trick than just learning the slight. You have to know how to sell it to a real person.

I would love to see some more real performance videos getting posted, even if it is your sister, brother, wife, or kids.

Joe

You'll probably see some from me in a month or two.

Mar 26, 2008
Around
You'll probably see some from me in a month or two.

I have about 2hrs of Vid to go through from over here Ijust do not have the time nor the tools to edit it here. When I get back I can not wait to put some of it up I really think I can pull some great reactions out of what I have.

About 6 months ago I did a trick where I turned a drawing of a lizard into a real lizard and a girl got up was going to leave. Then later I did Stigmata and a guy actually got up and left the show... it was great.

I get hom ein about 40 days so sometime after that I will put some vids up for you guys.

Joe

I have about 2hrs of Vid to go through from over here Ijust do not have the time nor the tools to edit it here. When I get back I can not wait to put some of it up I really think I can pull some great reactions out of what I have.

About 6 months ago I did a trick where I turned a drawing of a lizard into a real lizard and a girl got up was going to leave. Then later I did Stigmata and a guy actually got up and left the show... it was great.

I get hom ein about 40 days so sometime after that I will put some vids up for you guys.

Joe

That sounds sweet.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results